Let's experiment: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX native
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's experiment: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX native

Let's experiment: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX native

Yep, that's self-shadowing.

It's a bit of a tricky conversion as I, at one point, have to edit the model in text file form between exporting from ModelConverter and compiling with XToMDL to add nav and strobe lights to the (flexing) wingtips.

There's still some oddities to investigate and I'm trying to perfect the conversion procedure before I take a stab at the other model variations, but other than that, I seem to be on the right track.
    Henk's expanded animation library which he posted at FSDev made things a bit easier here and there, so here's a "Cheers!" to him.

I've informed Dave Maltby about this little endeavor via e-mail and he allowed the public release of the converted models once they're done. He also gave his blessing to the panel modifications to improve FSX compatibility which I've done prior to this.

Looks like the 1-11 just might live on in DX10 and P3D.

Could you convert his VC 10?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vc102.jpg   vc10.jpg  
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Great to see another model being saved and brought into the current sims!

Keep up the great work!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Could you convert his VC 10?!
    I knew people would ask. Could yes, want no. I have no interest in anything but the 1-11.
    However, in my return e-mail, I've asked Dave on behalf of the community if all of his other models are fair game for conversions as well, but he hasn't replied yet. Should Dave grant permission, however, I'm certain that someone else will take a jab at his other models.

Ok thanks. I left a PM with the same request over at the CBFM site but don't think he has seen it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Very very interesting.

Thank you very much Bro!

I'll be watching this one with keen interest! An old favourite that I haven't flown as much in FSX as I did in FS9 because of the portover issues, helped greatly by your earlier panel mods. Thanks for your efforts, I look forward to seeing what you can do.

Long ago in a galaxy far far away I got out me paints.....[2012].

'VK3-DEK' was my old man's Ham licence...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Here's what I have so far. It's the non-hushkitted 400 series model. I'm not really content with the VC as the gauge polys are giving me one hell of a headache and any added clickspots refuse to work. That's not a biggie though, since DM accounted for that by adding gauge-based ones back when he made the model. To get a better, permanent fix for the panels, however, I fear that I have to go for a more thorough conversion with 3ds Max.

The exterior seems to look as it's supposed to, at least I can't spot any glaring errors.

Here's the link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

I can at least add the exterior models one by one as I go along with the VC.
    If anyone wants to create spec and bump maps for the exterior, give me as shout and I'll add support for them.

so many planes to convert so little time too much work no time to have fun here
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Nice project. Again, I thank you.

Now that it's going native, it should be one of the best choices in freeware jetliners. Nicely documented, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Here's what I have so far....
    A fine aircraft model with now excellent fps and super smooth operation thanks to your conversion. One bug to report - nose wheel will steer left but not right. One request if I may - that is to enable reflectivity. Again, thank you Bojoern for all your effort in this project. Great to see new life being infused into this old bird.

This is very welcomed, the DM 1-11 is the single a/c I keep returning to ..... that and the Trident.

Very nice work Bjoern thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    One bug to report - nose wheel will steer left but not right.
    Will look into that.

One request if I may - that is to enable reflectivity.
    Is the FS9 model reflective?

Nose wheel sttering is fixed, but I somehow lost the landing light effects on the wings. Do these work for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Long ago in a galaxy far far away I got out me paints.....[2012].

'VK3-DEK' was my old man's Ham licence...
    Where to get ?

Thanks

Roland

Bjoern, thanks for your workBTW, I too have lost the landing lights.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Well darn. No matter what I did, I just can't get them to show up in FSX. MCX shows them as valid effects.

*Sigh*

This was supposed to be a three-day project.

I'm completely stumped. Those bloody-arse landing lights just refuse to show up, no matter what I do. Might as well throw in the towel then because what good is a plane without lights.

[Curses]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'm completely stumped. Those bloody-arse landing lights just refuse to show up, no matter what I do. Might as well throw in the towel then because what good is a plane without lights.

[Curses]
    A Perfect Aircraft for Smuggling Ag Supplies lolol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Throwing in of towels merely leads to towel entropy

VC shadows too in Dx10...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Throwing in the Towel don't work ... hang them on the clothes line ...

[Curses]
    Apart the towel thing

can you not get the landing lights shown by a lights entry in aircraft.cfg?
    If it resits that as well you can try in the smokes entry ( as also that are effects )

my 2 cents

Roland

Members who have read this thread: 0