anyone hear any updates on MAW / next chapter or etc... ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone hear any updates on MAW / next chapter or etc... ??

anyone hear any updates on MAW / next chapter or etc... ??

any info on MAW updates nxt chapter etc ??

It can be safely said that's not going to happen. A great pity.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Terrible news. Would of loved more work with MAW. Sorry to hear it's dead.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    There is the scenery update for MAW done by one of our Masters, (Stary).. [link below]
    And there are many missions and aircraft available here at SOH and other sits online for MAW

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=158

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    It can be safely said that's not going to happen. A great pity.
    hairyspin, what about tweaks/improvements/addons to the existing setup? Do you think there would be any objections to me uploading a package which would allow the Allies to start a campaign in Sicily in August 1943, and work their way up Italy?

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon4 Leave us to interupt!

Hey!... Of course you can! (I'm sure you'll have Ed's blessing Cheers, Ed, wherever you are!)

No problem at all!

To elaborate: there was a scheme to finish some work on the MAW theatre some years ago but for various reasons it was abandoned. Italy therefore has no lakes and other water features. The source files are lost, so although mission add-ons and such are possible and welcome, the MAW project is what it is.

It's still a masterpiece of an add-on by the best CFS3 developers of the time including the late Ed Wilson. BTW, I'm not one of the Desert Rats!
    Last edited by hairyspin; May 14th, 2016 at 06:57.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

was hoping for the d stuka to be released for it. jaycees version is good but was hoping for the supposed MAW version.

Icon22

Pray for bits and pieces... I always find myself jumping
    on anything with that MTO/MAW desert motif...

Does this also imply that ETO and Rising Sun will no longer have updates?

ETO and Rising Sun can certainly still be worked on!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    was hoping for the d stuka to be released for it. jaycees version is good but was hoping for the supposed MAW version.
    I gave the source files for the Stuka to Ted (Nachtpiloten) IIRC, don't know what happened to her. Might be worth asking him!
    Luca

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    ETO and Rising Sun can certainly still be worked on!
    Most glad to hear that.
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by SixGhost View Post
    I gave the source files for the Stuka to Ted (Nachtpiloten) IIRC, don't know what happened to her. Might be worth asking him!
    Luca, your MAW Ju 87D needs a pit modelled for it, otherwise main model and textures are all there, but pits are hard work, and this will need two, so getting someone to do it justice won't be easy

Seems like forever since we worked on this model, doesn't it?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Ooh, that would be nice...

Luca, was it you that mentioned the possibility of a Z.1007 for CFS3 some time back?

It is like forever, John! It really is!

Gecko, yes it was me, but after inspecting the files I intended to convert I found them to be in need of serious rework and expressed my concern in this very forum. Needless to say the original author didn't like it and I abandoned the idea when my competence was questioned. I may not have a big name, but I felt I had standards (and a nasty character ).
    Luca

Icon22

Cheers Luca... People should know better than to screw around with young magicians!

Question for all: What would finishing the BR20's cockpit involve? (activating gauges, etc.)

Source files Popsy! MeK, the author, is still around and posted here not long ago.
    Luca

Icon17 ...best laid plans

Thanx, laddie... One of these days--one of these daze ...me needs ta get off me arse and take a real bite outta Gmax!!!

---------------------- (and climb off this fence... Oh-oh, I seem ta be caught on a nail or sumpin)

I was a Desert Rat back in the day...but towards the end. I helped develop the missions that were released with it. It's good to see people still getting enjoyment out of MAW and CFS3 as a whole. Still one of my favorite flight sims of all time.
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

source files

Have a P47 (converted to a N model), but no on the other....

Quote Originally Posted by SixGhost View Post
    It is like forever, John! It really is!

Gecko, yes it was me, but after inspecting the files I intended to convert I found them to be in need of serious rework and expressed my concern in this very forum. Needless to say the original author didn't like it and I abandoned the idea when my competence was questioned. I may not have a big name, but I felt I had standards (and a nasty character ).
    Yes, you are a character Luca,lol So is John! Remember when you sent me the beta of the JU 88 Nightfighter? You made me promise not to tell Alx!!

I sent you more than that Scotty!

Ted, it's now safe to say it was John I sent the files to! You qualify for a copy yourself anyway, just let me know lol
    Luca

Yea I have them, Ted if you are interested I can get them to you?

Four members of MAW team on the same thread, must be a long time since that has happened?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Icon22

It just shows ta go ya... MAW rules!

Members who have read this thread: 0