Grumman Mallard - FSX Port Over (Shupe)

Thread: Grumman Mallard - FSX Port Over (Shupe)

Grumman Mallard - FSX Port Over (Shupe)

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Port Over Only Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 (Not Native FSX)

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

Pkg incl 2 models (Classic and Modern Business), custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 7 liveries.

May 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Grumman Mallard - FSX Port Over (Shupe)
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Some internal views

Thanks Milton for making a great aircraft possible.

I added some camera views to so as to see the great detail that went on inside.

Gray eagle, nice work; the views are just right. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thank you very much Milton and team.

Last edited by ToniJH; May 8th, 2016 at 22:20.

Questions

Milton:

Started using the FSX Grumman Mallard and having a blast learning how to fly it! For some reason I can't seem to hit the right switches/buttons to start the engines. I have been using the keystroke Cntrl E 1 instead. I tried using the starter switch but all I get is a short engine sound but no start! Do you have a suggested startup sequence that might help me?

After making my first water landing I could not steer the aircraft to the dock. Does the aircraft have water rudders and how are they deployed?

Thanks for your help and a another great contribution to our hobby!

alhouse

Quote Originally Posted by alhouse View Post
    Milton:

Started using the FSX Grumman Mallard and having a blast learning how to fly it! For some reason I can't seem to hit the right switches/buttons to start the engines. I have been using the keystroke Cntrl E 1 instead. I tried using the starter switch but all I get is a short engine sound but no start! Do you have a suggested startup sequence that might help me?

After making my first water landing I could not steer the aircraft to the dock. Does the aircraft have water rudders and how are they deployed?

Thanks for your help and a another great contribution to our hobby!

alhouse
    alhouse,

To start the engines, you must continually click/drag on the switch (about 2 times per second) until ignition. Takes about 6-8 clicks as I recall. The issue is most of these starters only hold for .7 - 1 second and stops, so continually clicking the switch holds the starter engaged until ignition.

Yes, the water rudders are in the contact points. In FS9, I use shift+W to activate; in FSX, cntrl+W.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Native FSX Version

Greetings,

Will you ever make this into a native FSX version so it will work in P3Dv4? Right now I get the CDT when it tries to load.

Thanks,
    Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieC View Post
    Greetings,

Will you ever make this into a native FSX version so it will work in P3Dv4? Right now I get the CDT when it tries to load.

Thanks,
    Reggie

Hi ReggieC,

It is on the list to be converted to FSX native as all my aircraft are.

I did a quick look through and saw nothing obvious that would cause a crash so that will be interesting to chase down.

However, it does use the FSX kingair.dll from the FSX/gauges file, and the Beech_Baron AI, and the SimIcons.
    If those are not present in V4, that may be the issue.

EDIT: Sorry, the above was for the TP version.

The radial version has the following that may be an issue:

gauge23=Hobbs1, 1387,877,118,20 in VCockpit01 section; you can comment that out

gauge49=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 243,839, 45, 45 // Uses the Cessna cab; try commenting out
    gauge50=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 197,839, 45, 45 // Uses the Cessna cab; try commenting out

gauge14=Hobbs2, 54, 877 ,118,20 in the VCockpit02 section; comment out

The following Bendix King Radios use a default gauge package in FSX in Window01 and VCockpit02 section. Comment out.

gauge15=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 442,715,415,67
    gauge16=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 442,779,414,144
    gauge17=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 442,921,412,139
    gauge18=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 1031,707,411,92
    gauge19=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 1031,797,411,104
    gauge20=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 1031,899,411,112
    gauge21=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 1002,1180,485,160

Uses SimIcons ... comment out.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Sir, I let you know what I find.

Regards,
    Reggie

Members who have read this thread: 0