Anybody interested in Knox class? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody interested in Knox class?

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Fantastic work Javier, as usual.

We can see this ship in Global AI Ship Traffic?
    Thanks for your comment. But my name is Alberto. Javier (Fernandez) created the Nimitz and many other great models, and he is much better than I.
    This is me, having fun in the real world. FSX is much more inexpensive

And yes, I have been asked to include the ship (when finished) in Global AI ship, and gave permission.

Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010219.jpg  

My bad. Excuse me Alberto.
    My comment don't change, only change the name. You are doing an amazing work.

Fantastic news. Thank you very much, Alberto .

USS Valdez is now finished. I´m beggining the sea trials.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS-Valdez.jpg  

Excellent Alberto

ATB
    DaveB

A must have for Tom. Thanks for all the very talented work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Outstanding model.

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Thanks for your comment. But my name is Alberto. Javier (Fernandez) created the Nimitz and many other great models, and he is much better than I.
    This is me, having fun in the real world. FSX is much more inexpensive

And yes, I have been asked to include the ship (when finished) in Global AI ship, and gave permission.

Best regards
    As Alberto says I asked if I could include the model in the next version of Global AI Ship Traffic and the intention is both to have some classic US Navy routes together with some other navy ships from the the 70'ies - I first saw a Knox class during a visit of the STANAVFORLANT to Denmark when I was a kid in the 70'ies - and Alberto's model will go well with e.g. some of Erwin Welker's German models from the same period. And besides that I will add repaints of the still active - or semi active - Knox class frigates. Countries like Turkey, Taiwan, Mexico, and Egypt apparently still have them commisioned.
    Henrik

She really looks the part and so easy to change it to anyone of the names in the class , seriously Superb work

Thanks a lot, Ian

First sea trial today, with a Seasprite on her deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS-Valdez-seasprite.jpg  

Can't wait

I am anxiously awaiting your download link. Want her to make a port call at the new NAS Alameda (thread here). Beautiful work!!!

looks great - I am looking forward to this one

USS Ouellet FF1077

I've been building the USS Ouellet FF1077 a Knox Class Frigate for FSX on and off for several years now. Had to put this project on the back burner several times due to health issues, etc. While in the Navy I was stationed on Ouellet back in the early 1980's. Anyway, will be continuing with this build soon. Am using FSDS 3.5.1 as my design tool. This model has the BPDMS missile weapons system on the fantail. Shortly before I was transferred, BPDMS was replaced with CWIS. Included with this post are several screen shots of the model as it appears in FSDS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (5).jpg   Screenshot (6).jpg   Screenshot (4).jpg  

Hi, bus driver. It looks great. It will be nice to have many Knox frigates available. Looking forward it.

Best

Alberto

Bus driver, by all means press on with your work on USS Ouellet. There's always room for another person's version of a ship or aircraft.

Concur.. it's simply not possible to have too many ships

In the meantime.. a perfect home for the skittish Virtavia Seasprite..

Must try and rebuild my NATO squadron again!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Great pics, Dave.

Textures

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Hi, bus driver. It looks great. It will be nice to have many Knox frigates available. Looking forward it.

Best

Alberto
    Thanks Alberto. Have started working on new textures for the model. Very time consuming. But enjoyable.

Blog Entries
    Muchisimas gracias, Alberto!

Added to my '80s Enterprise and Kitty Hawk carrier groups.

Much appreciated, amigo!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by bus driver View Post
    I've been building the USS Ouellet FF1077 a Knox Class Frigate for FSX on and off for several years now. Had to put this project on the back burner several times due to health issues, etc. While in the Navy I was stationed on Ouellet back in the early 1980's. Anyway, will be continuing with this build soon. Am using FSDS 3.5.1 as my design tool. This model has the BPDMS missile weapons system on the fantail. Shortly before I was transferred, BPDMS was replaced with CWIS. Included with this post are several screen shots of the model as it appears in FSDS.
    Hey bus driver, your ship lives! Shot these two Knox class FFs at the Royal Thai Navy base at Sattahip, Thailand last week. HTMS Phutthaloetla Naphalai (FFG 462) used to be USS Ouellet (FF-1077) and HTMS Phutthayotfa Chulalok (FFG 461) used to be USS Truett (FF-1095). They look pretty good, no?

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 2