FSAddOn Storch

Thread: FSAddOn Storch

FSAddOn Storch

Has anyone bought FSAddOns Fiesler Storch for FSX? Have you had problems with accessing the Kneeboard & GPS from the radio panel? The manual says they are there. The cfg. file says they are there - but I cannot find them. Any ideas?

Move your mouse down to a point just below the main panel and you'll see the little pointer hand display. Click on the long slim panel the mouse is resting on and the panel front will drop down showing the radio and icons for the kneeboard and GPS

ATB
    DaveB

They say a picture tells a thousand words..

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks DaveB. Not for the first time I have a problem with my setup. When I drop down the radio flap there are NO icons showing as there are on your pic. I should have made that clearer. If that is taken from your set up then there is a problem with mine. I had a similar problem not long ago with gauges for the Milton Shupe DHC-7 - solved when I removed any reference to them in the gauges folder. I strongly suspect a re-install of FSX is going to be necessary!

Hi Chris

Yup.. I loaded it up and took those two pics for you. Now then.. you're not seeing the icons (but everything else on the panel I presume). Let me have a look at the panel.cfg and which icons are being called. Will get back
    ATB
    DaveB

Hmm.. well, the panel.cfg isn't the most exhaustive I've seen..
    [Window Titles]
    Window00=Main Panel
    Window01=GPS

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window00]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1200
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=7
    visible=1
    ident=0

[Window01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=545,354
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.500, 0.362
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
    gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,545,354

[Vcockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$pan_radio
    gauge00=storch gauges!SAVA_COMM1_RADIO, 7,405,704,99
    gauge01=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 10,408,59,51
    gauge02=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 158,408,55,53

[Color]
    Day=255,255,255
    Night=255,255,255
    Luminous=192,192,192
    [Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=6143

Do you have SimIcons1024.cab in your main FSX/Gauges folder (an obvious question I know but I have to ask)? Mine is date stamped 26.9.2007(1710). There's also a SimIcons.cab dated the same.
    ATB
    DaveB

Well - there's a thing! No - I don't have either simicons1024 or plain simicons. A search of files came back empty. I had a look through various aircraft to see if I could find them, but no joy. Is this file meant to have been installed with FSX or just with a particular aircraft? Anyway, I don't have them so that's why no icons showing. Where to get one from? Thanks for your help, DaveB. PS I am just South of Sywell.

Hang in there fella.. I'll upload them for ya

ATB
    DaveB

Here ya go.. SimIcons

Looking at the dates.. I've a lot of gauges with very similar date stamps.. f15.dll is one.. and this would point to FSXAcc. If you don't have Acc installed, this may explain it. The model will very probably work fine with SP2. Anywho.. lob the two cabs in the zip into your main gauges folder and you should be good to go
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks very much Dave - that did the trick. All OK now. I quite like the plane - it flies well & is ideal for sightseeing. Also there is a contemporary u-tube film with a test pilot showing the STOL characteristics of the Storch & I was astonished to see how it could be flown & the descent rate used during landing - surprised the legs didn't go through the fuselage! Anyway, thanks again for your help. Regards, ChrisJD

Excellent

If you fancy flying the example that lives in the UK.. G-STCH.. you can grab a copy here.. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/view...hp?f=9&t=24876

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for the link from me too Dave. That's what it's all about.

I wonder if they ever released a mission pack as they alluded to when it was first released, any one know?

Not to my knowledge JB. Happy to be proven wrong though

ATB
    DaveB

A Gran Sasso mission with a repaint of the SJ+LL would be nice!

Cees

Thanks for making me remember this one...tried to install in P3D with Estonia Tool...surprisingly it works just perfect.
    Regards

Storch mission

Just saw this addition to my own query. Yes - in fact Simon Smieman has issued a mission for the Storch _ and yes it is the Grand Sasso One to rescue Mussolini. It is available as a free download from the FSAddOn site. But (there always is!) I downloaded it, but when I ran it I got no in flight information or radio messages or guides as it said I should have. All I got was the Storch flying in the mountains. And -Yes - I did try the U key to display this info. If anyone has downloaded the mission I would be very interested to see if they have the same problem - or am I just missing something. Regards, ChrisJD

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJD View Post
    Just saw this addition to my own query. Yes - in fact Simon Smieman has issued a mission for the Storch _ and yes it is the Grand Sasso One to rescue Mussolini. It is available as a free download from the FSAddOn site. But (there always is!) I downloaded it, but when I ran it I got no in flight information or radio messages or guides as it said I should have. All I got was the Storch flying in the mountains. And -Yes - I did try the U key to display this info. If anyone has downloaded the mission I would be very interested to see if they have the same problem - or am I just missing something. Regards, ChrisJD
    I think you are missing some details, the mission works okay for me! Thanks for the HU!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0