Orbx Question

Thread: Orbx Question

Orbx Question

This is going to sound odd, but when Orbx Global Basic is installed, where are the textures installed? If I open FTX Central, it says that "Global" is active, but looking at the ground textures. . .I'm not totally convinced that it is. I looked in the Orbx folder inside P3D_V3.2.2 and all I see there are Vector related folders. I've checked the main "scenery" folder (Global) and there are a few Orbx textures there but I believe those are related to Vector as well. So where should all the Global Basic textures be?

Any worldwide texture replacement is going to x:\Prepar3D v3.2\Scenery\World\texture, as they apply globally <--- pun intended!

Ok, thanks. I spent last evening uninstalling Orbx completely, went through the registry clearing out any mention of Orbx, going through every possible place Orbx could have put hidden folders and deleting them and then went back to the store and downloaded the latest installers for FTX Global Basic, Vector Basic, Canada/Alaska LC and European Open LC. Now I am reinstalling those items back into P3D_V3. . .and when that is done and confirmed that Orbx is installed correctly, I'll do the same for FSX.

I'm convinced after looking at both sims and how the file structures showed for each, that despite FTX Central claiming all was well with the world. . .it was not.

Members who have read this thread: 0