Can we have a sky environment like this?

Thread: Can we have a sky environment like this?

Can we have a sky environment like this?

This's from my cfs2, i like the sky environment in cfs2 which looks more wide and when you fly above 20K the feels very different not like in cfs3 which is the skybox looks more shorter or it's already improved in WOFF3 ?
    btw which clouds name in cfs3 looks like this one ? i haven't seen one

The big problem in CFS3 is that the cloud rendering distance appears to be hard coded. Once you get more than a few miles away (8-10) the clouds stop being drawn. At lower altitudes you don't really see it because the near clouds block your view, but higher up it turns a low cloud bank into a circle around your plane that moves progressively along with you wherever you may fly.

I'm sure this was a limitation put in place to prevent bringing the computers of the day to their knees trying to draw an infinite number of high resolution clouds in the simulated world, but it would be nice if we had a way to change it now.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; May 5th, 2016 at 15:01.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon28

Bl**dy hell, your cfs2 looks better than my cfs3!!!

But Popsaka...environmentally almost everything else looks much better in CFS3 with Ankor's wondrous DX reflection/shadow tweaks, now if it were ever possible (which I know it's not) to combine the two...CFS4?? ha!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    I see heavy post processing halos in the images he posted, so don't feel too bad, since those are not exactly the same as what you would actually see in game.

Just so you feel better, here's an unedited CFS3 P-47 at 20,000 ft over Calais.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    no worry mate like majormagee says, it's just sharpened image coz in cfs2 it's a bit blurry sometimes but sure they have beautiful skin texture & some of 3D model from free payware like alphasim etc and you can modify some stuff from fs2004 or fsx things ..that's what i like from them but cfs3 sure looks better with cockpit, gunnery position, effects and newest Ankor shader also better memory handling so i say both has their own advantage

@shessi
    can we export those cfs2 aircrafts into cfs3 ? just want to compare if those cfs2 plane using ankor shader

Thanks for your explaination majormagee!

Icon5

That's always been me favorite jug... do you know, is it a type C?

The P-47C and early P-47D production aircraft (110) were identical. There was then a number of incremental improvements and changes until the D model shifted completely from the Razorback style to the Bubble Canopy with the start of Block 25 and later.

The change in Block 22 to the paddle style prop and water injection provided a big boost in climb rate performance that gave the Thunderbolt it's late war reputation of still being a very competitive fighter despite it's aging design.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    no worry mate like majormagee says, it's just sharpened image coz in cfs2 it's a bit blurry sometimes but sure they have beautiful skin texture & some of 3D model from free payware like alphasim etc and you can modify some stuff from fs2004 or fsx things ..that's what i like from them but cfs3 sure looks better with cockpit, gunnery position, effects and newest Ankor shader also better memory handling so i say both has their own advantage

@shessi
    can we export those cfs2 aircrafts into cfs3 ? just want to compare if those cfs2 plane using ankor shader

Thanks for your explaination majormagee!

Yes, they can, but again if you do not have the source file or it's not in gmax, then a lot of work, but still do-able. Example is a couple of Ted Cook's Fs9 ac were ported over by Ted K for CFS3 (they were originally made in FSDS 2.24 and 3.5), and those ac were easily converted for CFS2, conversely most CFS2 ac can be used straight off for Fs9.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon12

Well, this is kinda the same in MAW... These shots are between angels 9 and 12, and show John's (Bravo4) amazing
    textures! (I don't leave home w/o 'em!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jw_11k.jpg   jw_8k.jpg   jw3.jpg   jw4.jpg  

Like Andy says, it really boils down to getting clouds to render all the way out to the horizon. Maybe eventually Ankor or one of us will figure out how to fix it.

Members who have read this thread: 2