Instant Scenery - Dicontinued

Thread: Instant Scenery - Dicontinued

Icon28 Instant Scenery - Dicontinued

I and others have been having some issues with the latest version (update) of Instant Scenery 3. I needed to reinstall it and have not been able to get the package verified despite numerous attempts via Flight 1 to do so, during this process I found a message-note on the web page saying that the product had been discontinued.

This is a shame as I actually found the program quite good and a neat way to add to scenery with going down the Airport Design route.

Other than Object Placement in FSX via the SDK anybody have any recommendations for something similar?

The only version that has been discontinued is the "original" Instant Scenery and only because it has progressed to Version 3 with compatibility for both FSX and P3D (they no longer support the original because it is outdated). The current version (V3) is alive and well.

NOTE: I went to Flight1, selected "Scenery" from the main page and scrolled about halfway down the page to find "Instant Scenery 3" . . . .with no such message. I believe you'll find that you were looking at the original "Instant Scenery".

Click on this link, post your question and get help here, Flight1 won't be much help. You may have to register first in order to post.
    http://www.simforums.com/forums/scen...s_forum31.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I and others have been having some issues with the latest version (update) of Instant Scenery 3. I needed to reinstall it and have not been able to get the package verified despite numerous attempts via Flight 1 to do so, during this process I found a message-note on the web page saying that the product had been discontinued.

This is a shame as I actually found the program quite good and a neat way to add to scenery with going down the Airport Design route.

Other than Object Placement in FSX via the SDK anybody have any recommendations for something similar?
    If it is an installer issue, which can be problematic with Fight 1 products, you can submit a ticked with support. I had a problem with Flight 1 installers on a few items and they helped me resolve the problem by issuing a new password.

Is this a P3D or FSX issue?
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

The current Instant Scenery version-3 product page is here:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

Hope this helps !

GaryGB

Thanks guys, very helpful. (It was a FSX issue). I will go the ticket route and see how it goes.

I recently had been building scenery files for civil and military flying boat bases in the Australia Pacific region and having done Australia, New Zealand and some islands in the Pacific lost the files due to a critical motherboard incident which required a complete rebuild of the hard drive from scratch (Its a HP bug or defect) in the process I forgot to back up those files only (as usual) so had to start again so not having Instant Scenery would have been a significant pain the <>?@#.

Good news then off I go and again to all who responded, thanks a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0