Some of my favorite jet aircraft...what are yours?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of my favorite jet aircraft...what are yours?

Some of my favorite jet aircraft...what are yours?

Not exhaustive by a long shot....but in my top 10 on any given day...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hello,
    mine is this one:

I'm with Griboul:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Currently I'm more into the modern stuff:

Anything with jet engines that I've aftermaket-modified.

Care to label these (Aircraft model and maker/developer) for the jet-impaired among us? :-)

The modern ones, I know. I'm thinking the ones above are the Mirage. But those in the OP I don't know for sure. And I don't know who makes any of these for FSX.

Post 1 Aircraft:

1. North American F-100D Super Sabre. By Milviz
    2. CONVAIR B-58 Hustler. By Glowing heat
    3. Northrop/McDonnell Douglas YF-23A Prototype ATF (Loser against the F-22. But thought by many to be better...thats another thread conversation). By Milviz/FSD.
    4. Grumman F9F-5P panther. By Vertigo Studios.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Any of your recent stuff Rick...but I'm keen on the F9F.
    As far as my fighter jet skills go, I openly admit that I qualify for the Keep It Simple Stupid classification.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

All the above , then add the Skyhawk to the mix .... I must get the RNZAF Wigram photo-real jobbie completed

Just my "love"

Greetings
    Klaus

Gman that's an incredible shot! That scenery is looking ultra good as well. Really well done.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Hello,
    mine is this one:

This fantastic jet is the Dassault Mirage IIIC by Restauravia (http://www.virtua-aerodesign.net/index.html).

and mine is the same...see if you can find it

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Gman that's an incredible shot! That scenery is looking ultra good as well. Really well done.
    Thanks Rick, your shots always remind me of aviation art. The scenery...yep it's coming along.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I am partial to the early straight wing jets.

Those who know me, know that I really don't care for kerosine heaters, but I do like the early ones, the P-80s in particular. A while back I started a what if project based on Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan. Here's a few of the paints i came up with based WWII piston fighters paint schemes and a block of cancelled P-80B tail numbers. The old AlphaSim P-80 reworked for FSX

The bare metal is from Morton's CFS2 P-80s with permission. The rest of the paint is mine.

There's some more finished ones and a bunch that were in progress when the project hit the back burner. I've got a bunch more tricks now in the ol' paint can should I start back on it. These will probably be redone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-80B 45-8718 Tarheel Hal II.jpg   P-80B 45-4744 Chatuga.jpg   P-80B 45-8759 Dottie Mae II.jpg   P-80B 45-8800 Miss Vickie.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Those who know me, know that I really don't care for kerosine heaters, but I do like the early ones, the P-80s in particular. A while back I started a what if project based on Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan. Here's a few of the paints i came up with based WWII piston fighters paint schemes and a block of cancelled P-80B tail numbers. The old AlphaSim P-80 reworked for FSX

The bare metal is from Morton's CFS2 P-80s with permission. The rest of the paint is mine.

There's some more finished ones and a bunch that were in progress when the project hit the back burner. I've got a bunch more tricks now in the ol' paint can should I start back on it. These will probably be redone.
    Those are fantastic! What you need is for someone to create a native FSX version via MCX of those are freeware, and assign the materials to blend the environment by the inverse of the diffuse alpha. And also assign some placeholder specular and bump maps. This would allow some awesome bare metal to be done using the lighting engine instead of painting on the reflectuons permanently. Would make your paints look even better. A lot more work but well worth it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Glad you said "some"...

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thanks Rick, your shots always remind me of aviation art. The scenery...yep it's coming along.
    Thanks Gman. Your work really is art! That scenery is seriously fantastic. We're all going to be thanking you once it's finished. Now...just tell me you're going
    To try your hand at the PNW everett area...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

My favorites are the select few jets I enough interest in real life, and find enough joy flying in the sim, to have in my virtual hangar. (I would love to have a nice Temco Super Pinto in FSX!)

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Those are fantastic! What you need is for someone to create a native FSX version via MCX of those are freeware, and assign the materials to blend the environment by the inverse of the diffuse alpha. And also assign some placeholder specular and bump maps. This would allow some awesome bare metal to be done using the lighting engine instead of painting on the reflectuons permanently. Would make your paints look even better. A lot more work but well worth it.
    I'm playing with doing my own bare metal right now using the CalClassic C-46 (another old favorite) to experiment with. As for bump maps and specular, I've been fiddling with those a little in my Gee Bee Z doings. Heck, I finally started getting my head around the layers thing a few months ago (since these were done) and have made up my own paint kit for it. It only took me almost 16 years to figure that out! lol

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

This is about as modern as I care to get. The Ford
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-may-4-001.jpg  

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vampire/Venom, Hunter, Lightning and Vulcan.

Probably in equal doses.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Hawker Hunter is arguably the jet-powered stablemate of the Supermarine Spitfire regarding design aesthetics.

It is also the most incredible sound-generator, as anyone who has seen/heard a high speed run will attest.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Members who have read this thread: 0