Annoying ATC Reference

Thread: Annoying ATC Reference

Annoying ATC Reference

Based on the aircraft Config section below, can anyone tell me why ATC refers to me as "Citation Citation? When giving other aircraft proximity warnings, that's how ATC refers to me in the Sim. Other aircraft are "Piper Navajo" or "Cessna Skyhawk", but I'm a Citation Citation.

[fltsim.0]
    title=Citation X paint10
    sim=citation
    model=winglets
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=4
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=9265
    ui_manufacturer=Cessna
    ui_type="Citation X"
    ui_variation=" Winglets ChristianDeliver1"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
    ui_createdby="Alejandro Rojas Lucena"
    description=The Citation X is Cessna's largest, fastest and longest range aircraft yet, and Cessna claims it to be the fastest civil transport in service other than the supersonic Concorde. This high speed cruise capability, which Cessna says is 105 to 210km/h (55 to 113kt) faster than other mid size corporate jet, means the X can save up to one hour's flight time on transcontinental US flights, flying from Los Angeles to New York with normal wind conditions in 4 hours 10 minutes.

My guess would be is that the ui Manufacturer and ui Type are looked at for the ATC call. ATC probably doesn't have "X" in its vocabulary so, it says Citation twice.
    That would be my guess. Maybe as a test, try changing the Citation X to read something else and see what ATC calls it.

EDIT: I found some interesting maybe helpful info here Also look in you airlines.cfg for the listings that ATC recognizes. Look at post #9 it references a Citation X as well.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...cation-for-ATC

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Based on the aircraft Config section below, can anyone tell me why ATC refers to me as "Citation Citation? When giving other aircraft proximity warnings, that's how ATC refers to me in the Sim. Other aircraft are "Piper Navajo" or "Cessna Skyhawk", but I'm a Citation Citation.

[fltsim.0]
    title=Citation X paint10
    sim=citation
    model=winglets
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=4
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=9265
    ui_manufacturer=Cessna
    ui_type="Citation X"
    description=The Citation X is Cessna's largest, fastest and longest range aircraft yet, and Cessna claims it to be the fastest civil transport in service other than the supersonic Concorde. This high speed cruise capability, which Cessna says is 105 to 210km/h (55 to 113kt) faster than other mid size corporate jet, means the X can save up to one hour's flight time on transcontinental US flights, flying from Los Angeles to New York with normal wind conditions in 4 hours 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post

[fltsim.0]
    title=Citation X paint10
    sim=citation
    model=winglets
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=4
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=9265
    ui_manufacturer=Cessna
    ui_type="Citation X"
    What does your [General] entries look like?

atc_type= and atc_model= entries will determine what type of aircraft you are flying.

You can override [General] entries by adding [fltsim.xx] entries for atc_airline= and atc_flight_number=.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

For all my AI and most of my user flyable entries as Warhorse stated above:

atc_type= SILENT
    atc_model= C750 or Citation as FS might not recognize the Citation X.

This avoids the annoying "Traffic is a Boeing 737" or "xxx is type Helicopter Helicopter"
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0