Russia...

Thread: Russia...

Lightbulb Russia...

Guess Sebastian & Daniel won't be having a beer together....

Sochi is one of the most soulless events on the calendar, just another 'Photo Opportunity' for the 'Poison Dwarf's' mate 'Vlad the Impaler'.

While Dani was way to ambitious on lap one perhaps Sebastien needs to look back over some of his earlier races.

Good to see both MacHondas in the top ten, and good to see Magnussen get the Renault-Renault toward the pointy end.
    Someone needs to take a very large sharp stick to the so-called 'Race Stewards', they're getting more and more penalty crazy with each event.

And I'm looking to Nico keeping on with his current form, take the wins where he can and if needed settle for second place if he can't take victory.
    He looks the part, unlike his team mate!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    As much as I am a fan of Lewis, I find f1 to be boring. Every race it's a Mercedes that's going to win. They are much too dominate. I give them kudos for developing such a great engine but where's the competition?

evidently f1 thinks the same and new engine rules are set for next season.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    As much as I am a fan of Lewis, I find f1 to be boring. Every race it's a Mercedes that's going to win. They are much too dominate. I give them kudos for developing such a great engine but where's the competition?

A better gauge (IMHO) is to see how the other Mercedes powered teams are doing.....

Well I see Danii Kvyat has paid the price and Vestappen now takes his place. Kvyat returns to Toro Rosso.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Well I see Danii Kvyat has paid the price and Vestappen now takes his place. Kvyat returns to Toro Rosso.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Very bad move, mentally I don’t think he is there at the moment, he is extremely rough around the edges in his attitude and I don’t think he is grounded enough to handle it, that media inflated ego has already made an couple of appearances when it shouldn’t have. Can you imagine the repeat of Australia happening but with RIC as his team mate?

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Wombat, obviously the Red Bull/Torro Rosso teams do not share your opinion and I think they know this kid better than we both do. Personally I think he is behaving very mature for an 18 year old kid and I don't think he has much influence on things people write or think about him.

Ferrari is mighty and after the incidents between Kvyat and Vettel the pressure must haven been high on Red Bull to make a statement. When you decide to move a rider from your A team towards your B team, its is quite logical for me that you "promote" the one you consider your most talented rider from the B team.

Based on the images I saw from the incidents between Kvyat and Vettel during the Russian GP. I think Kvyat is perhaps to much busy trying to prove himself. The rumours that Verstappen would replace him next season much have added to this.

Cheers,
    Huub

To be frank Huub, it's their operation and they have the ability to swap their drivers around.
    Verstappen is very talented but IMHO Sainz is as talented and quite mature, but you're probably right, Kvyat is working too hard at keeping his seat (podium at the previous GP) and he's most likely been offered up as a sacrifice to placate Ferrari and Vettel.
    And of course, STR run Ferrari engines .......
    My own personal opinion of both STR drivers is based on their on track behavior since the beginning of 2015.
    Verstappen was behaving like a typical 17/18 year old, the 'I'm Entitled Generation' I call it.
    The exchange that took place in Melbourne is the one that I recall readily: Verstappen "I'm faster than Carlos, tell him to move over" ........ STR Engineer "So get past him then" .................. or words to that effect.
    That aside I'm not surprised that this move has happened, typical of the present competition that supposedly is 'Formula 1'.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Kvyat is working too hard at keeping his seat (podium at the previous GP)
    He did make a nice move on Vettel in the first corner to be honest, but only finished just ahead of his team mate, who was leading on lap three when his tire exploded and he had to start from the back of the field.
    Same situation at STR, where Max was 20th after lap two, but still managed to finish ahead of his team mate.

There's a good analysis about the swap here: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/an...%5B0%5D=19&s=1
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lightbulb

In light of how Red Bull handled the Webber/Vettel situation, this could be really interesting!!
    Marko might need body guards against some angry Aussies if Verstappen is "favored"...!

Members who have read this thread: 0