Military Visualisations YF-23 Black Widow II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Visualisations YF-23 Black Widow II

Military Visualisations YF-23 Black Widow II

Anybody else spotted this new aircraft on the Steam store for FSX SE? It's listed as YF-23 Black Widow II Add-On by Military Visualisations which i'm guessing is Milviz. There is no mention of it on the Milviz site though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433746

I'd guess that this is could be an old aircraft that was developed by Milviz for Flightsim Developers (FSD) around 5 years ago. I think I may even have bought it.
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    It was a good aircraft imho, good external model, but then again everything that milviz does is good. I enjoyed this a whole lot and I need to dig it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    I'd guess that this is could be an old aircraft that was developed by Milviz for Flightsim Developers (FSD) around 5 years ago. I think I may even have bought it.
    I think you could be right cajj1. I'll search my files also because I'm sure I've purchased a few FSD aircraft in the past.

This version has had some changes to the liveries and gauges , no longer has any FSD parts and is also now compatible with P3D V whatever ( if copied ) the original release was not.

Best CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    This version has had some changes to the liveries and gauges , no longer has any FSD parts and is also now compatible with P3D V whatever ( if copied ) the original release was not.
    Best CJ
    The last release of this airplane from FSD and their "New" installer was problematic as well. The Installer was worthless for most people, especially those with steam, but if you had an old installer (which I did) it installed with no problems at all.

When doing the revision for steam I also produced a unified installer for all versions with the original set of textures , Colin didn't choose to re release it but I could see him changing his mind if there was a demand for its use in P3D , its still my favorite sled , always enjoyed trying to manage the fuel use at supercruise, its a question of altitude , climbrate and decent from 70.000 feet , you can glide quite some distance from that altitude . My favorite run is up the west coast , 200 miles out , Edwards climbing to altitude below M1 by LAX then over water hit the throttles till Frisco, my goto quicky flight .

Best CJ

Not too may repaints for this bird. I used the canned "Grey Ghost" textures as a basis for this Hawaii Air National Guard repaint a few years ago. It's not much of a "repaint" in that sense of the word, as there isn't much to do with the subdued paint schemes that the military is currently using. Just slap on a few new unit flashes / logos and you're done.

Yeah it's a fun bird to fly, and fast.

Tommy

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I did a repaint for it as well. Look for v3 here at SOH. Search my user name. V3 is the most current version.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I did a repaint for it as well. Look for v3 here at SOH. Search my user name. V3 is the most current version.
    Yes, I have that one too.....

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

"I also produced a unified installer for all versions with the original set of textures , Colin didn't choose to re release it but I could see him changing his mind if there was a demand for its use in P3D"
    How could we let Colin know, please ? Would we just contact FSD ?
    Thanks
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    "I also produced a unified installer for all versions with the original set of textures , Colin didn't choose to re release it but I could see him changing his mind if there was a demand for its use in P3D"
    How could we let Colin know, please ? Would we just contact FSD ?
    Thanks
    Sue

Don't need to do anything but post the desire here for its release, FSD has nothing to do with the re release of this updated version.

Best CJ

I would love to have the YF-23 in P3D. To me the YF-23 airframe is so much more exciting than the F-22.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I would love to have a model of the F-23, the production version, as it was even more sleek looking than the prototype. I'd like the two seater as well (Drawings of both are readily available).

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I would love to have a model of the F-23, the production version, as it was even more sleek looking than the prototype. I'd like the two seater as well (Drawings of both are readily available).
    "Production version"?

But it wasn't ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    ...... (Drawings of both are readily available).
    I did a quick google search, but found nothing.....

Do you have a few links that you can share with us?

I remember hearing that the prototype engine nacelles were optimized in size for reverse thrust, and that the engine nacelles would be smaller / smoother on the production versions as reverse thrust was removed as a requirement from the program.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

There's a blog..."upship" something...can't remember...that guy has probably everything that is available for YF23 drawings. Engineering drawings etc. I would really love to see the NATF version as well. The NAVY version. Forward canard very beautiful airframe. Search NATF F-23. You'll find some gems. Especially the 2 seat v!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

BTW, I'll have to give YF-23.net a piece of my mind, as that's my artwork for Scott Lowther he has put his watermark on.

F-23A section views and partial side view of the two seat variant
    F-23A three view with the volume distribution (Though it doesn't list for which Mach number, I assume cruise)
    NATF three view with cross sections and volume distribution.

FYI, the volume distribution is for calculating wave drag at a given Mach number.

P.S.-Most of the information comes from Aerospace Projects Review Volume 3, issue 2 I really like the "Christmas" fighter, as that's one of their earlier stealthy fighter designs.

BTW, I'm obviously not an artist but Fightermans profile art for the Northrop NATF is outstanding.

black beauty

beautiful bird.. still think we should have picked this over the raptor..imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there a place to download the F-23?
    The milviz website was a dead end for me..

It's currently available through FSD. I really hope that MV will choose to make a tacpack version of this...the VC needs an update as it had a center stick and not a side stick...AFAIK. however not 100% sure that each version didn't try a different layout?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    It's currently available through FSD. I really hope that MV will choose to make a tacpack version of this...the VC needs an update as it had a center stick and not a side stick...AFAIK. however not 100% sure that each version didn't try a different layout?
    The YF-23A and the F-23A both have center sticks.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I too would very much like a re-release of this aircraft outside of Steam (I want to fly it in either FSX Acceleration or P3D). But in the original version that I bought years ago the horizon line of the HUD (and hence the flight path marker) were too low. For example:; when the plane was rolling for take-off they were both beneath the horizon, which I found extremely annoying. Has that been corrected?
    I seem to remember that MilViz had plans for an upgraded version (Kat announced it on this forum but I cannot find the post). Is that the same version we are talking about now, or a different one? That version, I think (and wish) was to have Tacpac if I remember correctly. CJ, can you enlighten me?

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

We are willing to offer the YF-23 to those who bought the FSD version and can prove it*, as well, we will fix the HUD and, possibly, add new burners to it.
    We will not, at this time, be making it Tacpack capable but, if anyone wants to try their hand at doing so, we will gladly speak with them.
    We will, also, not be putting this on sale anywhere else at this time.
    ... and finally, we will NOT provide any support for this product at any time (unless you buy it from Steam and use it in FSX SE)

[* send proof of purchase to kat [at] milviz [dot] com and we will inform you once it is done]
    Last edited by Katoun; May 2nd, 2016 at 13:04.

Members who have read this thread: 2