This Is How You Do Indy!!!

Thread: This Is How You Do Indy!!!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    162mph, according to the tape. I don't think you could pass a pack of cigarettes under that Indy car. I'd also bet the drivers have a massively overdeveloped set of muscles for their right arm and shoulder, after watching that driver battling his wheel. Now, take that speed, make it close to 500 mph, where the horizon is vertical most of the time and the height above ground is about 50 feet and put the whole thing in a race circuit of irregular shape with pylons that must be rounded properly, and you have the Unlimited Gold Cup Race at Reno, Nevada. One hiccup or even a sneeze and you could find yourself smeared across several acres of desert real estate!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    162mph, according to the tape.
    What year do you think this was filmed?

The announcer said Indy was 50 years old, so guess the date could be 1959 or 1960.

I believe it was footage to be used in 'Winning', one of the most under rated motor racing films made.
    Paul Newman, Robert Wagner and Joanne Woodward with appearances by many front line drivers including Dan Gurney driving NASCAR.
    IIRC it was shot in 1969, as the 'Winning' car was an Eagle-Offy driven by Bobby Unser (I think).
    Be a great clip without the Bloody Muppet's commentary!!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0