Lightbulb RealismShaderPack v1.1 released

Now in a easy to install program!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-re...haderpack-v11/

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Charter Member 2015
    Hi
    This is GREAT I love it.
    Thanks
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Just curious, first there was the thread by Montie talking about a new Shader Mod and how great it was, however I looked at the examples shown and saw little difference. Now this RealismShaderPack. . .who actually benefits the most from this stuff? If I don't use cloud shadows or shadow effects (very low settings there) is there any reason I should be excited about this or even download and install it?

There's a major difference from stock lighting. I used it with the skyblazers screens I posted yesterday in the p3d screen thread.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Specifically if you turn on HDR it increases contrast in the green channel which gives a more lifelike IMO rendering of the reflections and shadows. So in the VC there's a distinct and more realistic demarcation between sunlight and shadow. It's defined and not washed out.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you may not like it at all. I for one love it. There's 3 settings to try. And it auto backup your current shaders.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks. . .couldn't hurt to try.

Ok, already a question: It says that it is important to do backups first using the Config tools Backup function. How do you know that it's even doing anything. There's no indication that clicking on the "Backup" button does anything at all. I don't see anywhere in the P3D folder or elsewhere that anything has been backed up.

Best thing (and easiest) would be to simply do a full copy of the ShadersHLSL folder in your P3D installation folder. That will save you some trouble
    Then, i believe this tool also modifies some of the files in the "Texture" folder of the sim... but I don't remember which ones. Anyways, the shaders are the most important.

Members who have read this thread: 0