Milviz P-38L w/TacPac

Thread: Milviz P-38L w/TacPac

Milviz P-38L w/TacPac

Folks,
    Hope I got this in the right forum. Does anyone here have the Milviz P-38L w/TacPac but not have TacPac installed?? I bought this package from PC Aviator because it was cheaper than the other package. When I load the P-38 I can not get the bombs, rockets, or drop tanks to display through the ACM. Is there a way to change the aircraft.cfg, or what ever needs changing, to get them to display?? I have seen many freeware aircraft updated for TacPac and placed on various freeware sites, so I would believe that there is a change that can be made to get the objects to display. Any help much appreciated!!!

LE151
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

You may be able to get them to appear if you manually edit the station load weights in the aircraft.cfg. As I don't have the model, I can't tell you what the weights should be though.
    Of course, this may not work depending on how the model is coded.

If I remember well there are two ACMs, one for Tacpack and one non-Tacpack. They are brought up by different Shift-Number combinations. I believe that you can load weapons for visual only using the non-TP ACM.

I think though that your question will be best answered in the Milviz forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    If I remember well there are two ACMs, one for Tacpack and one non-Tacpack. They are brought up by different Shift-Number combinations. I believe that you can load weapons for visual only using the non-TP ACM.

I think though that your question will be best answered in the Milviz forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    You may be able to get them to appear if you manually edit the station load weights in the aircraft.cfg. As I don't have the model, I can't tell you what the weights should be though.
    Of course, this may not work depending on how the model is coded.
    Thanks guys......Dimus, I tried checking the boxes for the non-TP popup box but when I do, the struts compress but the drop tanks/bombs are not there when I go to exterior view. Dave I was looking all over the Milviz forums for an answer but was unable to locate anything. I even looked for how to register with them so that I could post a thread but couldn't find that either..........
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

Contact kat [at] milviz [dot] com with your proof of purchase and she will set you up with an account so you can post your question at the forum.

You need to purchase VRS "TacPack" in order for the stores load to work with this version. It's listed in the requirements on the PC aviator page. Honestly...it's well worth the investment. It will open the door to all kinds of new features and aircraft for you.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You need to purchase VRS "TacPack" in order for the stores load to work with this version. It's listed in the requirements on the PC aviator page. Honestly...it's well worth the investment. It will open the door to all kinds of new features and aircraft for you.
    Well crap!!!.....I didn't read the requirements over at PC Aviator before I bought it, my fault .......thanks for the HU rick.
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

Members who have read this thread: 0