JF DH-98 Mosquito released

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

JF DH-98 Mosquito released

The JF Mosquito has been released for FSX/P3D and is on special until 12th of May.

Possible sticky please?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

It looks great! I especially like the VC:

The Intro Offer is £19.99 / €24.95 / $29.99(USUAL PRICE £24.99 / €30.95 / $37.99)

I guess it is a matter of taste, but I'd sure like to see a PR expansion for this!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Awesome VC, the modelling standard is quite amazing these days!

What are the sounds like?

Would have to be outstanding to be better than Dave's model.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Looking forward to flying this, once my rig gets set back up.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I have the weirdest of problems. The Mosquito shows up in the vehicle selection menu but not in the sim itself. I only see the runway; neither the interior nor the exterior of the plane. Just Flight did its best but they cannot find a solution. They say that I might not have installed simconnect. I think I installed it but when double-clicking on the sinmconnect file I get no confirmation that it is installed. I copied the plane to FSX and there it shows up. Also, I updated my NVidia drivers and P3D itself (with the client file). Does anybody perhaps recognize this problem?

There originally was a problem with the aircraft in the selection window during beta testing but that was fixed. As for not showing in P3D I have not had that problem. My suggestion is to re-install the simconnect and see what happens.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello AussieMan,
    I did re-install simconnect, or at least I think I did. Can you tell me how to check whether it was really installed? Is there some file that should be present? Whatever I did failed to solve the problem.

Go to Control Panel/Programs and Features and check there. Should show there. If it doesn't show there you haven't installed it.

Cheers
    Pat

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It is there, AussieMan, but do I need to see separate entries for FSX and P3D? I only have one entry.

Maybe you can get some help here:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/255-ms-fsx-simconnect-forum/ or

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113756

Failing this do a search on flightsim.com using the word simconnect.

EDIT: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=47082155

Cheers
    Pat

I guess the PR is along way from the FB mark. Really a totally new front fuselage with nose and cockpit and of course bomb/camera bay. A PR model really needs a B model as a starting point and not sure we will see that from jf with Garwoods great freeware bomber mosquito (which itself can work as a stand in for a PR)

But of course dedicated PR and B with the bulged bay would be most welcome :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 2