JF DH-98 Mosquito released - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Nah, the fitters are still reading the service manual to see where the bits left on the bench should go. Erk moment.
    hahahahaha..

The pipes are actually there. I'm honestly not sure what else you'd expect to see behind those exhaust shrouds. It's likely that you'd be able to see out t'other end
    ATB
    DaveB

What a truly delightful aircraft. CONGRATS guys on the release of this amazing aircraft.

I'm getting more pleasure from this addon many other recent releases!

If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

but is it correct that you can see through those exhaust shrouds?
    I've had a look in the manual (the real one) for the exhaust flame shrouds and as you'd expect.. there's a little more going on than is modelled though I'm sure you can still see daylight. It would be unreasonable (and unnecessary) to have such small detail modelled. The alternative would be to have blanks making the gap less obvious.
    ATB
    DaveB

The flame damping covers were more of a left over from the Night bomber/fighter Mosquitos, later on they were removed on many/most FB's in order to get a 10-13 increase in top speed. So it would be great to see the typical 6 stack ejector type exhaust as well. Update: I read the readme and found out how to remove them..

Any plans of including the rocket launcher rails and/or drop tanks as seen on the Coastal Command (and other commands) Mosquitos towards the end of the war?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Trying my best to copy over all the layers from the psp file into a new psp paintkit...

KK-L from 333 (N) Sqn, Banff 1945. WiP

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    No problems with the paintkit in CS6, or is this the new version already?

but is it correct that you can see through those exhaust shrouds?

Other than that, nice model!
    OK, I changed the prop and sound, didn't like those too much.

Looking great Jankees! Could you please PM me in regards to what you did for the sounds? I would like to give it a try....

Also are you planing on doing any RNZAF and RAAF paints?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Could you please PM me in regards to what you did for the sounds? I would like to give it a try....
    Put the soundset off Dave Garwood's Mosquito into it. Simple
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Put the soundset off Dave Garwood's Mosquito into it. Simple
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thank you DaveB I thought there would have been more to it...!?

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    The flame damping covers were more of a left over from the Night bomber/fighter Mosquitos, later on they were removed on many/most FB's in order to get a 10-13 increase in top speed. So it would be great to see the typical 6 stack ejector type exhaust as well. Update: I read the readme and found out how to remove them..

Any plans of including the rocket launcher rails and/or drop tanks as seen on the Coastal Command (and other commands) Mosquitos towards the end of the war?

Switch 14 called out in the manual removes the damping covers! Brilliant!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Mail run

ATB
    DaveB

download prop blur

Martyn

You kindly provided a download for a modified prop blur. I am unable to download, when I click on the download all I get is a little black x in the corner of the screen.

Do you have an alternative place for download available, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Martyn

You kindly provided a download for a modified prop blur. I am unable to download, when I click on the download all I get is a little black x in the corner of the screen.

Do you have an alternative place for download available, thanks.

See post #65.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

prop blur

Thanks, that worked a charm.

I did not understand the significance of post #65

Big thanks to the SHO community with your little fixes and suggestions. Really brings forward the Mosquito experience with this offering.

- d

Didn't quite escape.
    Just as a little aside, I had a Banff almost ready to be available to fly from, but then I got a new book, which had a ARP of Banff in it and showed me that almost all of the buildings should be Nissen and not Temporary Brick.

I'm redoing it all again, while sobbing slightly inside.

Ian P.

hahahahahaha..

I laugh while at the same time.. feel your pain. Have a beer and it'll all seem much better
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks!

Thanks Bazz & Co and of course JustFlight, for another great model, for a very reasonable price.
    I happy and relieved to see that some people still stick to very interesting WWII warbirds!

Stunning VC (as normal in models from AH) and a very nice flyer!

Thanks for all the support Martyn. Gimp will open this paintkit for me but I will most probably make my own. Not that I don't like this kit, but I enjoy making one myself as I think (re)painting is very relaxing.

Cheers,
    Huub

I've just downloaded the paint kit from my JF orders page:

1) The Paint Kit section in the manual mentions 2 "scruffing" layers". I only see the one.

2) The manual also mentions the cut-down .mdl file (.pk). I only had .psd files in the archive.

Have I got the correct version of the paint kit?

I have Photoshop CS5 and also get the "missing data" dialog on opening the files. What exactly am I missing?

Thanks in advance!!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Yo Adam

I think you must have the cut-down PK version Martyn mentions in this thread (though he didn't mention it was cut-down.. just different). The original did come with a PK.mdl. I can upload the mdl for you if Martyn is happy with that. Not sure what's missing from the revised PK as I still can't open it without errors in CS2.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yo Adam
    I think you must have the cut-down PK version Martyn mentions in this thread (though he didn't mention it was cut-down.. just different). The original did come with a PK.mdl. I can upload the mdl for you if Martyn is happy with that. Not sure what's missing from the revised PK as I still can't open it without errors in CS2.
    Thanks, Dave . I've no real intention of using the PK.dl - I prefer to reload/view in full in the sim when developing paints. I'm just wondering if I was missing anything else (other than the extra "scrubbing" layers LOL!).

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Thanks, Dave . I've no real intention of using the PK.dl - I prefer to reload/view in full in the sim when developing paints. I'm just wondering if I was missing anything else (other than the extra "scrubbing" layers LOL!).

Adam.
    Adam, the mdl.pk folder contains only the exterior model with the main bits that you would use if doing a repaint. As for the paintkit it is a modified kit which should be able to be opened in CS5 and lower. The original was created using CS6 and caused some problems with repainters as CS6 appears not to be backward compatible with earlier versions. I use Paint Shop Pro X5 and could open the original.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Adam, the mdl.pk folder contains only the exterior model with the main bits that you would use if doing a repaint. As for the paintkit it is a modified kit which should be able to be opened in CS5 and lower. The original was created using CS6 and caused some problems with repainters as CS6 appears not to be backward compatible with earlier versions. I use Paint Shop Pro X5 and could open the original.
    Pat - thanks with respect to the model info.

I think there's still a problem with the PK, as my PS CS5 still gives errors. I can choose to ignore - and the files *appear* to load correctly - but then I may not know what might be missing.

I can appreciate the devs may need to use the latest version of PS, but it'd be great to have *public* versions of the files that are properly compatible with earlier PS builds. Adobe released CS2 as freeware a while back (and it's perfectly OK -damn' good in fact!). Cash-strapped repainters can always go for that option. I wonder what you'd be losing (if anything) when saving the files in CS2 compatibility format [?]<!--?-->.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Can anything be done about the exterior lighting? I think its about the only item 'for me' that really spoils it:-(

The nav lights are just huuuuuuge!

My uneducated guess would be they're probably hard coded into the model, which would be a shame.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

See my shot above (Mail run) and you'll see that the lights CAN be changed. However.. it's not straight forward and involves editing the lights in the mdl with a hex editor. The lights aren't modelled but they are attached to the mdl. JF are on the case with all the points listed (including the lights) and I'm sure they'll come up with a fix. In the meantime.. unless you're adept with a hex editor, I'd suggest leaving the lights off

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1