Flysimware G44 Widgeon - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flysimware G44 Widgeon

Wow! That is going to look great. I think that will be one unique paint job for the G44.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Doing some artwork for one shown above. I couldn't find a decent image to just lift and use so this is a wip.

Finished. . . .as far as I'm going at least. The font was elusive and I wasn't going to hand draw it, so I opted for something with the same overall feel.

Well done Ed!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Wow, That looks great Ed!!

Shoulda mentioned this before, but this is available for anyone who wishes to do that particular livery. Not something I'm interested in pursuing. I'll zip it up and attach it in a bit. It will include the layered version in PSP (PaintShop Pro) format.
    Last edited by falcon409; April 30th, 2016 at 08:20.

"North to Alaska ..." - Pack 4 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/o01e9lbzvgmib82/Pack%20Four.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G44_12.jpg  

Ed,

FYI, Sent in a support email to Flightsimware about the brake issues and here is there reply

For now you can lower the brake value in the aircraft cfg file. I think the reason it leans at high taxi speed is the narrow wheel distance and we had to put the engines sightly wider so you could turn in the water since there is no water rudder. FSX did not simulate good dynamics for single engine power in water and the Grumman would not turn. So i may have to put the main gear wider in the config to make up for the overall corrections. I have made a note of this for our next update. Thanks for your info and support.

[brakes]
    parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
    toe_brakes_scale = 1.0 //Brake scalar <<<<<< I adjusted this to read 0.7 and it seems to brake better.
    differential_braking_scale = 1.0 //Delta on the amount of brake when the rudder pedals deflected
    auto_brakes = 0

Yep, and any turns made above about 5kts will produce wing tip strikes. Very wobbly.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 30th, 2016 at 17:34.

Thanks for the file however, I don't have anything that can handle (open) a Paint Shop Pro file.

Shoulda mentioned this before, but this is available for anyone who wishes to do that particular livery. Not something I'm interested in pursuing. I'll zip it up and attach it in a bit. It will include the layered version in PSP (PaintShop Pro) format.

Flysimware G44 Widgeon

[QUOTE=falcon409;1020870]Shoulda mentioned this before, but this is available for anyone who wishes to do that particular livery. Not something I'm interested in pursuing. I'll zip it up and attach it in a bit. It will includeversion in PSP (PaintShop Pro) format.[/QUOTE

Thank you Falcon409 for making this available, I think I'll have a go at it. I was thinking about it right after I saw the pictures in the post, but dropped it thinking you were proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Shoulda mentioned this before, but this is available for anyone who wishes to do that particular livery. Not something I'm interested in pursuing. I'll zip it up and attach it in a bit. It will include version in PSP (PaintShop Pro) format.
    Thank you Falcon409 for making this available, I think I'll have a go at it. I was thinking about it right after I saw the pictures in the post, but dropped it thinking you were proceeding.
    Feel free to play with the layered version or adjust it any way you need to, to make it work. Credit not necessary. Look forward to the finished livery.

Flysimware G44 Widgeon

Feel free to play with the layered version or adjust it any way you need to, to make it work. Credit not necessary. Look forward to the finished livery.

roger that!

My last one for now - maybe, if i found some sparetime next week, i will do a few more .....

DropBox-link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwyxx29jenjgf98/Pack%20Five.zip?dl=0

ATB

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G44_13.jpg  

My last one for now - maybe, if i found some sparetime next week, i will do a few more .....
    I was a fence sitter before buying this plane, but your paints pushed me over the edge. Fantastic job, thanks for all the work you put into these.

-Bob

Many thanks Dirk
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you Dirk. For your outstanding repaints. Again thank you.

Thank you very much for all your kind words, gents. I am very happy that you like my work. I must say that i love this Plane a lot and have much fun to fly and to repaint her. The paintkit is very, very userfriendly and easy to handle.

Before my real life take me away from "the office" for a few days, i decide to "rework" the interior a bit more. The Result is downloadable for you under this link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7j3gmn6xf...p?dl=0Drop-Box

The Package contains four different color-variants of the Interior-textures. So it is your choice ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int_grey.jpg   int_green.jpg   int_brown.jpg   int_blue.jpg  

Looking good, Dirk!

I can't upload on OZx for some reason, so here's a few dropbox links to my paints:
    SE-APO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l63prk0dch...E-APO.zip?dl=0
    ZK-BAY: https://www.dropbox.com/s/43eoszf1cx...K-BAY.zip?dl=0

happy flying,
    JanKees
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

So here is my latest work - Pack Six. It contains 3 Repaints and a new INT_3 texture (reworked Yoke)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuhphk9f1j...20Six.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G44_15.jpg   G44_16.jpg   G44_17.jpg   G44_14.jpg  

This is my last one - soon on a Lake near you ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G44_18.jpg  

Fresh out of the "Painting-Hall" :https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1n6piscl7...dgeon.zip?dl=0

Happy flying

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G44_20.jpg   G44_19.jpg  

Fde update

This update decreases the wobbly steering and reduces the toe brake pressure.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/GR...A_UPDATES.html

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    This update decreases the wobbly steering and reduces the toe brake pressure.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/GR...A_UPDATES.html
    This says I will have to uninstall and reinstall the new version. I should probably back up my 3rd party textures and .cfg entries as well correct?
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I don't see any reason to do that really. It's only a cfg file update. Certainly copy over the new entries made for any new liveries you may have installed and if you've made personal tweaks to the cfg file those would need to be made to the new one. . .otherwise that's all you should have to do.

I don't see any reason to do that really. It's only a cfg file update. Certainly copy over the new entries made for any new liveries you may have installed and if you've made personal tweaks to the cfg file those would need to be made to the new one. . .otherwise that's all you should have to do.
    Thanks Falcon, I hadn't gotten a chance to download the update, but knowing its a simple .cfg update its a non issue. I cannot wait to get home from work and give it a go. I have been having one helluva time taxiing. I couldn't get smooth braking no matter how easy I was on the pedals, and I didn't want to mod the .cfg for an unrealistic steerable tail-wheel. Hopefully this will improve my steering situation.

Aside from that, I LOVE this little boat! What a terrific little sea plane. It goes well with some of my other "Bahamas birds" in FSEconomy.
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Same here Justin. Couldn't go much more than about 5kts in the turn before it would start to tip over. I also have the Just Flight Widgeon from many years ago and Had enjoyed flying that bird as well.

Members who have read this thread: 1