Dusty kleiss; dive bomber pilot, battle of midway..r.i.p.

Thread: Dusty kleiss; dive bomber pilot, battle of midway..r.i.p.

Dusty kleiss; dive bomber pilot, battle of midway..r.i.p.

Norman " Dusty" Kleiss, last survivor of the dive bomber pilots of the Battle of Midway, takes his last flight at age 100.
    Go here and read his story; http://www.kitv.com/story/31802972/n...ro-dies-at-100
    You, and your comrades in arms, did well SIR!!! Thank you! Requiem en Pacem.

Saw this early in the moring. Can't belive I forgot about it.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon9 Reply...

Allen,

Thanks for the update.

Damn...rest in peace, and thank you, Dusty. God bless.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Sad part of life, even heroes who survived such a conflict are lost to age and time.Still, he made it to 100 and sounded like he was in good health overall. I turned 30 last year and grew up visiting the Naval Aviation Museum several times a year(perk of living nearby) , I recall how until I was about 20 years old, most of the tour guides were WW 2 aviators and vets.I learned so much from taking the same tour over and over but with different guides.The stories were always the highlight, I miss them.Slowly more and more korea and mostly vietnam vets became the tour guides and certainly not taking anything away from them, but miss the WW 2 era guys.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Unhappy

Thank you, Fibber for sharing these sad news.

The "hands-on" memories of WWII veterans are/were precious, so that such huge mistakes as WWII would not be repeated in the future. Because mankind tends to forget.

WWI live memories are already a thing of the past, both of my granddads were involved in it and departed in the late 1970's. The "Great War to end all wars" is almost an unknown history episode, alien and boring to study for our youngsters.

WWII is following the same destiny, I've read many of these announcements here in the past few months. It's very sad, but that's how life goes.

To make matter worse here, on last Sunday, the April 25th, 1945 Liberation Anniversary celebration was dirtied by a bunch of the same usual idiots, young left-wingers who flew palestinian flags when representatives of the Milano Jewish community joined the celebration rally, in memory of the Shoah victims.
    Thanks to these brain-damaged individuals, the tragedy of WWII could very well be repeated again.

I bow in tribute and pray to the memory of all WWII victims of all nations, civilian and military alike.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Thank you, Fibber for sharing these sad news.

The "hands-on" memories of WWII veterans are/were precious, so that such huge mistakes as WWII would not be repeated in the future. Because mankind tends to forget.

WWI live memories are already a thing of the past, both of my granddads were involved in it and departed in the late 1970's. The "Great War to end all wars" is almost an unknown history episode, alien and boring to study for our youngsters.

WWII is following the same destiny, I've read many of these announcements here in the past few months. It's very sad, but that's how life goes.

To make matter worse here, on last Sunday, the April 25th, 1945 Liberation Anniversary celebration was dirtied by a bunch of the same usual idiots, young left-wingers who flew palestinian flags when representatives of the Milano Jewish community joined the celebration rally, in memory of the Shoah victims.
    Thanks to these brain-damaged individuals, the tragedy of WWII could very well be repeated again.

I bow in tribute and pray to the memory of all WWII victims of all nations, civilian and military alike.

KH

I agree.I actually believe WW 3 is looming, likely come around in the 30's or 40's, 100 years out from last one. China will likely be the aggressor in the Pacific, as Japan was last century. Islamists will be still be a problem. The wildcard of course, is nukes. Hopefully can avoid it, but knowing some of the enemies out there, seems inevitable.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Time and again this has been proven right. Saddly, I'll probably be an old man and of little use, if an when it does happen.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    I agree.I actually believe WW 3 is looming, likely come around in the 30's or 40's, 100 years out from last one. China will likely be the aggressor in the Pacific, as Japan was last century. Islamists will be still be a problem. The wildcard of course, is nukes. Hopefully can avoid it, but knowing some of the enemies out there, seems inevitable.
    I have been thinking the same thing lately. WW1 was called the war to end all wars because it was so horrific.
    Nations had not experienced total war since Napoleon introduced it a hundred years before. They thought they knew it from the colonial scraps but that wasn't total war.

To me WW2 has become like the American west, as men like Mr Kleiss leave us, history becomes what Hollywood writes, and the truth starts to become a bit blurred. There are no more authors like James Jones who were there to show the truth of it.
    All this business about left and right are just a way to blame someone else for all our human failings.
    It is pathetically easy to drum up enthusiasm for war on the flimsiest of pretexts
    The guy who can't tell the difference between history and nostalgia are every bit to blame as the left.

May he rest in peace. They are all Heroes to me.

World war 3 will be totally different and we should pray that it never happens.

Oh, yes Miamieagle!

Quote Originally Posted by miamieagle View Post
    World war 3 will be totally different and we should pray that it never happens.
    I couldn't agree more!

KH

Icon22 Reply...

Guys,

If anyone is interested, Dusty can be seen in the "Battle 360" episodes focused on the carrier Enterprise.

"Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Guys,

If anyone is interested, Dusty can be seen in the "Battle 360" episodes focused on the carrier Enterprise.

Icon14 WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Guys,

THANKS RAMI!

KH

Members who have read this thread: 0