A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

Thanks Dave, Now I have a texture that I can add to the Basic Cessna Sovereign that Morpheus posted here..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Butch..

Drop the textures in this ZIP into the N914SP texture folder (from the Cirrus download) you've put into the 'Morpheus Conversion Mod' and let them overwrite. You will no longer have see-thru wing and horizontal stab LE's

The texture set in the Cirrus conversion were left as DXT3 which dragged my i5 rig to a stutter so I've made them DXT5 which is more compatible with FSX.
    ATB
    DaveB

Yes mate. If you still have the texture set in the Cirrus Sovereign download and intend using the Morpheus Sovereign update.. drag the textures into the Morpheus update folder and drop the ones I posted into it and let them overwrite. The Morpheus update is probably the best one to use as it fixes many of the animation issues reported Any probs.. just shout Not a bad looking paint on N914SP.

ATB
    DaveB

Hi,

My effect for the Landing Light has the name fx_lightFFFEE2.fx you can a other effect rename to this. I have not found the lights on the Nosegear in the model. Sorry...

Well, I did get the landing lights working on the Sovereign:

Now I can enjoy both versions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cessna_Citation Soverign Lights_1.jpg   Cessna_Citation Soverign Lights_0.jpg  
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

It's a masterpiece, gents. But now after installing the new version, it seems the bird has not cockpit glass anymore - it looks like a windowsless frame to me now...Did I do anything wrong?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Yo Manfred

I think the thing to do with the Sovereign is choose which one you want to use and stick with it. The conversion Morpheus did comes with 2 paints (not N914SP.. this one comes with the Cirrus download) and has all the animations sorted so flipping a coin.. I'd go with that one. The N914SP paint that comes with the Cirrus/BigMike conversion will fit the Morpheus conversion but needs the alpha changing on the map with the LE's. Alternatively.. add the N914SP paint then drop the modded maps I posted. All should be well.. I hope

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave,

I must agree with you. choosing one or the other and sticking with it.

Manschy..

I've looked at the version I've kept (the Morpheus conversion) and the glass is fine on the Sovereign. The glass was/is ok on the Cirrus conversion too. Trouble comes when you mix the two

Manfred.. the landing lights look ok on the Sovereign at a distance on the Morpheus conversion but a bit odd close in. Because the light positions on the wings are not transparent and Morpheus added the lights to where the lamps would be.. the effect close in is that the light is shining through the wing. OK as long as you don't get too close though

Does anyone know why these lights are not visible from the VC?
    ATB
    DaveB

the effect close in is that the light is shining through the wing. OK as long as you don't get too close though

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave,

I had a top down look at the lights position, and it seems to be just fine with my personal adjustments.
    I have played with the forward position for a while last night, and thought this was the soft spot (at least for me).
    And I have to say that I never zoom that far in when flying an aircraft.

But of course you can always position them further forward if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Dave,

I had a top down look at the lights position, and it seems to be just fine with my personal adjustments.
    I have played with the forward position for a while last night, and thought this was the soft spot (at least for me).
    And I have to say that I never zoom that far in when flying an aircraft.

But of course you can always position them further forward if desired.
    FSX and lights is never going to be an easy fix!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Is everyone's nose gear steering animation working correctly on the Sovereign? Thanks!

Don

EDIT: here are some pics of the Sovereign and notice the extreme leaning at 10KTS. Now when I twist my J-stick to the right it, the nose wheel will steer right
    (Sometimes_ but the wing tip likes to lean and touch the runway - at slow speeds.
    Left turn, the nose wheel will respond most of the time but agan that heavy leaning of the wing tip; touches the runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Is everyone's nose gear steering animation working correctly on the Sovereign? Thanks!

Don
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 28th, 2016 at 17:21.

For me, the nose gear turns left on left rudder but doesn't move at all on right rudder.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    For me, the nose gear turns left on left rudder but doesn't move at all on right rudder.
    Exactly!! She swings about 140 degrees to the left, but zero to the right. Glad it's not just me.

Don

What I've noticed is that the Cirrus version has its own sound files and doesn't alias to another aircraft sounds.

Yo Manfred

I think the thing to do with the Sovereign is choose which one you want to use and stick with it. The conversion Morpheus did comes with 2 paints (not N914SP.. this one comes with the Cirrus download) and has all the animations sorted so flipping a coin.. I'd go with that one. The N914SP paint that comes with the Cirrus/BigMike conversion will fit the Morpheus conversion but needs the alpha changing on the map with the LE's. Alternatively.. add the N914SP paint then drop the modded maps I posted. All should be well.. I hope

ATB
    DaveB

I've seen a few report the nose gear issue on the Cirrus Sovereign though he says somewhere here it's fine on his system. I've not noticed this on the Morpheus Sovereign.

Butch.. do you have AccuFeel installed? I've seen AccuFeel exaggerate ground handling before.
    ATB
    DaveB

While all my enthusiasm I haven't noticed this strange nose wheel behaviour so far, but it exists on my bird as well...Anyway, it's a minor blemish to me...
    Best regards, Manfred.

I am using the Morpheus program and added the cirrus (brown Jet) as an addon. No Accufeel installed.

BTW, on that taxi light that's on the nose gear I just wanted to share some ideas or thoughts on how to deal with a retraced nose gear and a taxi light hanging
    like some strange UFO dangling just below the nose.
    If that taxi light could of been either programed to shut off when the gear is up or else have a functional on/off toggle switch; that IMHO would be a plus

I've seen a few report the nose gear issue on the Cirrus Sovereign though he says somewhere here it's fine on his system. I've not noticed this on the Morpheus Sovereign.

Butch.. do you have AccuFeel installed? I've seen AccuFeel exaggerate ground handling before.
    ATB
    DaveB

WHich one? Cirrus or morpheusfz?
    BTW, It might be late in the game but for what it's worth, I started a separate thread for the Cirrus sovereign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post

Don

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    WHich one? Cirrus or morpheusfz?
    BTW, It might be late in the game but for what it's worth, I started a separate thread for the Cirrus sovereign.
    First, thanks for starting a separate thread, GE! The one giving me a problem is the Cirrus. The other one is fine.

Don

Okay, I did a test of the cirrus (Brown cessna) and we all know that it has its steering issues BUT, if you were to grab that texture and paste (add)it to the Morpheus one, it steers a little (maybe a lot)
    better, I guess it is using the Morpheus model and perhaps it is a better model to use. So, give that a try and see if it will steer better as a addon to the Morpheus brand of Cessna.

Taxi light on off issues

This is one for morpheusfz or whom ever can code the mdl files.

I have the Milviz F-4 and it has a similiar taxi light strapped to the nose gear like the cessna citation sovereign. I will include pictures to illustrate how this taxi light will shut off the second you go wheels up. Maybe this is something that can be added to the model mdl. Maybe it is a modeled part and part of the nose gear oleo.

I would like to see if someone here of morpheusfz could make it possible for this great Cessna a little better with the taxi light issues.

Gear down tax light light on

As soon as I hit the gear up switch, the taxi light went off on its own (automatically) The landing gears were on their way up.

Landing gears fully up and no taxi light peaking thru or appears to still be on.

This brings me back a few years. Ahh the memories. The frustrations of hand editing the CFG file.

I tried to take the CSF2 aircraft and bring them into FS2002. None of them had nav lights. So I added them to the aircraft.cfg. The biggest issue was with the Corsair. My solution was to add the lights to different switches. In the end it worked fine, as long as I remembered to switch them off.

I'm sure that now someone could make a gear switch and have it turn the lights on and off.

Question: Does FSX use the same light map as FS2002/FS2004?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I've already given GE a taxi light entry for the Sovereign but.. as it's not attached to the model.. it stays in place unless turned off first. The Milviz model is not a good example as the lights on that are actually modelled.. they're not effects. A similar effect can be added to the Sovereign but it needs to be attached to the oleo in the mdl in order for it to work correctly.. it doesn't need to be modelled as MV do. This is above and beyond my remit I'm afraid.

ATB
    DaveB

This is a pretty sweet ride. Only one problem. I keep breaking it. On take off it is EASY to overspeed this bird and she has very low tolerance for mishandling. Is there a revised flight model somewhere yet? If I advance the throttles past 50-60%, Im gonna overspeed, which shouldnt happen I dont think? I am flying this one in P3D, which I think is now my new permanent sim.

Eric

Members who have read this thread: 0