A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

Nice shots Hanimichal

ATB
    DaveB

Okay there is a new post of another Cessna:
    Aryus_Cessna Citation Sovereign FSX-P3D FSX\P3d With VC.zip by Cirrus N210MS
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&linkid=21340b

I tried to see if I could just add the texture above to the Cessna Sovereign by morpheusfz

It results in a close but no cigar. See wing area. Was hoping that I could of combined the brown one with the other ones.

EDIT: I was able to consolidate the brown cessna with the other two; I just renamed the model folder for the brown cessna ^ to Model.1
    and made edit to the aircraft.cfg for this bird to model=1 and now the wing are not hollow. Guess there was a difference in the model file.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 27th, 2016 at 12:52.

Overspeed Warning

How can the red "Overspeed" and warning noise (heard in the cockpit) be done away with? Naturally, all that goes way when I go into a climb so as to decay the speed.

Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign Textron Aviation arrival

Pretty good video of a 680 landing, Notice the position of the landing lights.

Would like to see landing lights for the Cessna Cessna Citation Sovereign Currently not programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Should anyone wish to add wing LE landing lights, add these lines to your aircraft.cfg [Lights] section:

light.7=5, 0.94, 26.1, -0.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light
    light.8=5, 0.94, -26.1, -0.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

If you don't have Shockwave lights.. any standard landing light will add to the illusion
    ATB
    DaveB

Butch.. the release made by Morpheus has landing lights (and decent nav lights too) already in position though not a taxi light on the nose gear. Is the Sovereign in that vid the same as the model? The aircraft in the vid has turny-up wing tips and the model doesn't.

ATB
    DaveB

Roger all that, it's that brown Cessna by Cirrus N210MS and the other sovereigns that I was interested in landing light (all the ones I saw in u-tube vids have landing lights on or you can see where the lenses are positioned on the wing- kinda close to the fuselage. The landing lights you made was for the 56x and on are futher out on the outside edges of the wings. These are a horse of a different color and in the lights section for this bird (see below pic) I see no call for landing lights). Now the lenses are modeled but they don't illuminate. That's what I was trying to flag down.
    The plane in that vid has landing lights positioned exactly as the ones here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WlCUkVVTEJReDQ
    that was done by Morpheus.... Your point is that the landing lights are functional but when I turn on all lights (CTRL + L) I see no landing lights.
    Everything but.

Butch.. the release made by Morpheus has landing lights (and decent nav lights too) already in position though not a taxi light on the nose gear. Is the Sovereign in that vid the same as the model? The aircraft in the vid has turny-up wing tips and the model doesn't.

ATB
    DaveB

Cessna with no landing lights

No lights (red circles) all other lights work fine.

Real deal.

Hello mate

I don't have the model uploaded by Cirrus and haven't touched the lights on the version Morpheus uploaded.. just looked at them. It has two wing lights close to the fuse but doesn't have a nose light. Because it's attached to a moving part.. the nose gear light (taxi light) would have to be attached to the actual mdl otherwise, you could put the gear up.. not turn the LL off and the light would be suspended below the fuselage. Perhaps Morpheus can add a taxi light to the nose gear in the mdl. I don't want to tamper with that in case I lose the animations He currently has the taxi lights in the same position as the landing lights.. as if they're dual filament lamps. Switch tha LL off and you still see lights until you switch off the taxi lights.
    Perhaps Morpheus can take a look at the paint that comes with the Cirrus download. The invisible/see-thru bits you're seeing are probably due to the alpha on that particular paint. I'll download the Cirrus model and take a look anyway
    ATB
    DaveB

Won't pressing the "L" key activate ALL lights? I tried to toggle various light switches in the cockpit. Some animate on/off some don't.

Hello mate

I don't have the model uploaded by Cirrus and haven't touched the lights on the version Morpheus uploaded.. just looked at them. It has two wing lights close to the fuse but doesn't have a nose light. Because it's attached to a moving part.. the nose gear light (taxi light) would have to be attached to the actual mdl otherwise, you could put the gear up.. not turn the LL off and the light would be suspended below the fuselage. Perhaps Morpheus can add a taxi light to the nose gear in the mdl. I don't want to tamper with that in case I lose the animations He currently has the taxi lights in the same position as the landing lights.. as if they're dual filament lamps. Switch tha LL off and you still see lights until you switch off the taxi lights.
    Perhaps Morpheus can take a look at the paint that comes with the Cirrus download. The invisible/see-thru bits you're seeing are probably due to the alpha on that particular paint. I'll download the Cirrus model and take a look anyway
    ATB
    DaveB

OK Butch.. I think I see what's happening here.

Morpheus modified the original Aryas Sovereign and put links to his conversion here. The version Cirrus has uploaded is by him and nothing to do with Morpheus so the two are intrinsically different even though they started life as the same model.

You like the N914SP paint on the Cirrus conversion but parts of it become invisible on the Morpheus conversion. I'll take a look at that.

The Cirrus conversion has no landing lights. The Morpheus conversion does but you won't see them unless you have a Quality Wings model installed because the fx file he used for the LL uses a QW bitmap. I don't have any QW models installed on this pc but I have the 146/RJ installed on another pc so I was able to drag the bmp over to this one.. hence.. I see the lights and you don't.

TBH.. dual conversions of the same model appearing within days of one another by different people has not been particularly helpful and will undoubtedly lead to confusion. It's worked with me I'll sort the wing lights out for you but I don't feel disposed to reinvent the wheel and have a go at the nose gear light. If neither 'converter' can be @rsed.. etc etc
    ATB
    DaveB

Another beauty! THANK YOU!!!! One thing I noticed - the animation on the Sovereign's nose gear (FSX) is not correct. It has no right turn, but has about 140 degree turn to the left. Is anyone else seeing this?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Another beauty! THANK YOU!!!! One thing I noticed - the animation on the Sovereign's nose gear (FSX) is not correct. It has no right turn, but has about 140 degree turn to the left. Is anyone else seeing this?

Don
    when i tested it befor uploading all the animations worked for me
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Download the library version and install it and see if it does. Is it possible a bad model file got uploaded? All other animation is correct. I want to see if anyone else is seeing this. It wouldn't make sense it would only do it on my system - I don't even know what would cause that in a single system. This is a good looking model. I hope it can be worked out. I appreciate your time and work!

Don

For anyone who wishes to change the green color inside the thrust reversers (and happen to have MDLMatXX), load the model file and change the colors to whatever you choose for the following:

LOD 01 06. . .this only changes the color inside the areas that extend back from the sides of the engine cowling
    LOD 01 09. . .this is for the majority of the color you see inside

Okay, maybe it's just me, but this thread is so confusing two versions of the Citation being discussed.

I have been messing with the lights, as the fixes mentioned here seem to need adjustments in my sim.

I read that someone stated that the Sovereign has landing lights built in to the model, but I was not seing them, so I used the latest fix posted here, and adjusted the coordinates.

Don't want to confuse this thread even more by posting another light fix, but at least I finally got all the lights showing in the right spot.

I do love flying this gem in and out of my Rockies Sky resorts.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

You're right Manfred.. this thread is one of the most confusing I've ever had the misfortune to join!!

The light fixes I posted are for the XLS which was subsequently modded by Morpheus to include built-in landing/taxi lights.. the ones in the belly. His fix also corrected the animation issues some people were seeing. My addition also put them on the XLS LE where they should be. I've not done anything with the Sovereign. It's impossible to know if users have the Cirrus conversion uploaded yesterday or the one Morpheus converted which was already being discussed in this thread

Ed.. thanks for the pointer to fix the untextured parts on the XLS. Not sure if I have MDLMatXX but I'll have a look
    ATB
    DaveB

Butch..

Drop the textures in this ZIP into the N914SP texture folder (from the Cirrus download) you've put into the 'Morpheus Conversion Mod' and let them overwrite. You will no longer have see-thru wing and horizontal stab LE's

The texture set in the Cirrus conversion were left as DXT3 which dragged my i5 rig to a stutter so I've made them DXT5 which is more compatible with FSX.
    ATB
    DaveB

You're right Manfred.. this thread is one of the most confusing I've ever had the misfortune to join!!. . . . .DaveB
    Agreed! In hindsight the Sovereign should have been a separate thread altogether and while Cirrus probably meant well, his inclusion of yet another conversion has just added to the confusion.

Also, for those who might be interested, here is a link to the MDLMatXX utility, click on the yellow dot to download when you find it's listing:
    http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/beta.htm

Thanks for the link Ed. I clicked on it, clicked on the yellow button and got a message saying MDLMatXX already exists!! How many of us have hard drives full of stuff.. the vast majority of which we've no idea what it is!!

Incidentally.. what colours did you use for those two entries? I'm happy to go with whatever you've chosen
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for the link Ed. I clicked on it, clicked on the yellow button and got a message saying MDLMatXX already exists!! How many of us have hard drives full of stuff.. the vast majority of which we've no idea what it is!!

Incidentally.. what colours did you use for those two entries? I'm happy to go with whatever you've chosen
    ATB
    DaveB
    LOD 01 06. . .I changed to 36 36 36 255 (Diffused) and left the specular as is
    LOD 01 09. . .I changed to 63 63 63 255 (Diffused) and left the specular as is

You're right about the stuff we have on our HDD's, things downloaded from ages ago, used a few times and forgotten, lol

Excellent mate.. appreciate this

ATB
    DaveB

That works better for me Ed..

Note.. vandals have been at my fin too

Not wanting to drag this off topic (though it'd be difficult!!).. to find those colours.. you open the mdl and just click down the lines until you see the colour you want to change appear in the window on the RH side then as described.. change it to the new colour. How cool!! I take it this is for model parts made in a particular colour rather than a mapped parts?
    ATB
    DaveB

That works better for me Ed. . .
    Not wanting to drag this off topic (though it'd be difficult!!).. to find those colours.. you open the mdl and just click down the lines until you see the colour you want to change appear in the window on the RH side then as described.. change it to the new colour. How cool!! I take it this is for model parts made in a particular colour rather than a mapped parts?
    ATB
    DaveB
    That's correct Dave, this is a way to make changes to parts that were left untextured.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That's correct Dave, this is a way to make changes to parts that were left untextured.
    Cheers mate. What a great little tool and thanks for the pointers
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0