Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T just uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T just uploaded

Thanks for your wise language lessons Gaucho, but please remember that this is an international forum when you can't expect everybody to write the Queen's English.
    We use language as a carrier for the message we try to bring.

Everybody has his own talents here. One can read and write several languages, others make perfect models. I would appreciate it if you could limit your comments to the model, which is the actual topic of this thread.

Thank you,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Lighten up!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for your wise language lessons Gaucho, but please remember that this is an international forum when you can't expect everybody to write the Queen's English.
    We use language as a carrier for the message we try to bring.

Everybody has his own talents here. One can read and write several languages, others make perfect models. I would appreciate it if you could limit your comments to the model, which is the actual topic of this thread.

Thank you,
    Huub
    Didn't mean to offend anyone! A thousand pardons...
    Not meaning to be picky... but it seems the conversation had turned to colors in photographs... and no one protested...
    G.

No problem Gaucho, but in the three posts you made in this thread 2 contained comments about spelling. Only the last one, which was made after my request not to do this, didn't.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hello Gaucho_59, thanks for all! If you try to speak French, i can help you ... my pleasure!
    Cheers,
    JMC

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Not mices... common mistake of foreign English speakers... btw... aircraft.. the plural is aircraft... not aircrafts...
    another common error seen around here.. lol....
    Gaucho,

** Removed by moderator **
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Gentlemen! Enough said about language and spelling now. Please stay to the subject!

Thanks,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Gaucho,

** Removed by moderator **
    KH
    Insults like this have no place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Insults like this have no place here.
    As I agree I have removed the comment.

Cheers,
    Huub

Prop fix? Please try it!

For those who have display problems with the prop textures I have made two alternative textures. Could you please install these textures and report back hwther the problem has been solved?

Just unzip and drop the files in the "common" texture folders form both the SM.79CS folder as the SM.79T folder.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Merci bien, mai je le parle tres bien aussitot!

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hello Gaucho_59, thanks for all! If you try to speak French, i can help you ... my pleasure!
    Cheers,
    JMC
    I lived in Europe since I retired from the US Army in 1984 until the year 2000, and learned French back in 1952... as a very young boy... lol
    G.

Manuele added a very weathered version in the package of the I-ALAN, as it most probably looked after a harsh flight from Italie to Brazil.

As I wanted to have an I-ALAN as it looked before the start, when it was among the best Italian Civil Aviation could bring, I decided to start a fresh repaint. The start is there, but as I started a fresh paintkit it will take quite some time to finish it. All shading stil needs to be applied.

There are some minor differences between this repaint and the one by Manuele as there aren't many pictures from this aircraft avaiable, which leaves quite some room for my own interpretation.

Cheers,
    Huub

<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>

That's a good looking start Huub

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries

Very nice work!

Crisp and defined... kudos!
    G.

Hi,
    Let's hope this is roughly on-topic

Much as I like the S-79 models, I also like to add an autopilot so I can go off and make Tea. I think some of Manuele's aircraft have a modified Sperry(?) unit, but not the I-ALAN which is the one I fly.

I have the old LAGO model to which I have added the autopilot from the Dh 104, which works well, but this does not want to function in these newer aircraft and I wondered whether there is something I can do to make this unit work.

Thanks for any advice,
    Andy.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    Let's hope this is roughly on-topic

Much as I like the S-79 models, I also like to add an autopilot so I can go off and make Tea. I think some of Manuele's aircraft have a modified Sperry(?) unit, but not the I-ALAN which is the one I fly.

I have the old LAGO model to which I have added the autopilot from the Dh 104, which works well, but this does not want to function in these newer aircraft and I wondered whether there is something I can do to make this unit work.

Thanks for any advice,
    Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    ALL the planes in the package are equipped with an autopilot, also the I-ALAN !!!
    The autopilot in S.79CS was an experimental installation (as reported from some RA historical writers). Smiths and Sperry systems were tested and, probably (I did a deep research and there is NO evidence in ALL the texts and photos I found), was chosen the Sperry one. The system, very similar to autopilot used by Wiley Post in his Lockheed Vega, was license-built by Italian Salmoiraghi. In the T model,modified CSs for Rome-Dakar-Rio de Janeiro transatlantic flight, instead of Salmoiraghi, was used a more advanced autopilot (derived from Siemens K4u), license-built by Italian Microtecnica (there is NO photographic evidence, BUT it is clearly cited in Biseo's reports). The I-ALAN was a CS (you can find a brief history in the pdf enclosed in the package) with all the T instruments and a little cabin for 4 passengers and mail. You can find more instructions about the use of Microtecnica-Siemens autopilot in the "Understanding the S79" txt file (by FSAviator, also included in the package).

Hi Manuele,
    Thanks for your reply....I really must go and read the Manual properly before attempting to fly across the Atlantic. What I am finding is that Control + Z doesn't act as altitude Hold..is this something that cannot be achieved?

Andy.

Icon22

Hi Manuele,
    Thanks for your reply....I really must go and read the Manual properly before attempting to fly across the Atlantic. What I am finding is that Control + Z doesn't act as altitude Hold..is this something that cannot be achieved?

Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    With Microtecnica-Siemens (S.79T & SM.79P) You can hold the altitude only with trim, the Salmoiraghi-Sperry (S.79CS) works as the original in Lockheed Vega and DC-3.

Hi,
    Thank you Manuele; what I often find is that one 'click' of the trim adjustment is way too much and we are launched skyward or the opposite...I have enquired before about lessening the effects attached to the controller but..no joy. It's a shame, as you can alter the sim rate and it would be useful to be able to change the controller 'power'.

Andy.

Icon22

Hi,
    Thank you Manuele; what I often find is that one 'click' of the trim adjustment is way too much and we are launched skyward or the opposite...I have enquired before about lessening the effects attached to the controller but..no joy. It's a shame, as you can alter the sim rate and it would be useful to be able to change the controller 'power'.

Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    Please refer to old S.79 post (in SOH/FS2004 forum) with a lot of answers by FSAviator and to the "Understanding the SM79" file, the FDs and the aircraft.cfg are the same (only the fuel section was changed) and the same are ALL the VC animations.

Hi,
    Many thanks for all your wonderful work, Manuele, I am now setting off to read up properly this time .

Andy

Progress...

The clean I-ALAN (still Work in Progress)

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The clean I-ALAN (still Work in Progress)

The clean I-ALAN is as good as finished, now I only need to write a read me and upload the textures. In the meanwhile, just for fun, I did a simple "what-if" texture. When the Corsa M.M. 355 was not handed over to ALA Littoria, but given to their German allies to use as fast VIP transporter it could have looked like this.

Not finished because I still want to add somethings, for which I need my imagination. But already a small preview. (and when you post screenshots, you always see things which should be improved....)

The real D-AZUR was a Junkers G-38di, which crashed on 26 June 1936 at Dessua (Germany) due to a technical failure.

Cheers,
    Huub

Definitely one of the best planes out there, and definitely the best vintage one. Keep up the good work!

My late friend ,a German fighter and later Bomber pilot flew once the S.79**.He was very impressed about speed and manouverbility,just loading capacity was much smaller then Ju-52 he also flew often

So the "German" paint makes a tiny sense

Roland

** His words-from Malta campaign-I was not there obviously " As usual the Italian fighter cover never arrived and we flew without torwards a British Convoi to Malta(Ju-88).Close to Malta our best friends Spitfire's appeared as always and we were shot down.Fortunately my crew and me could bail out safely and a fisherboat took us to Ragusa,where we were flown north to our base.Just only Italian Co-Pilot was available so I had the honour and joy to fly ,after a tiny administrative hassle ,the S.79 what was a rocket vs our Tante Ju"

Members who have read this thread: 1