Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Uploaded

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    I have experience some sim crashes when flying the new SM. 79 models. I'm not sure what is causing it but I did notice that in a couple of instances, the prop textures did not display properly before the crash when starting the engines. I also noticed that a prop texture problem was mentioned in the FSX forum's SM. 79 thread. Has anyone encountered any issues with this airplane in FS9?

While at the FSX thread, I saw a beautiful "clean" I-ALAN texture work in progress by Huub Vink. Huub, if you read this, I am very interested in this "clean" texture. To have use of both your "clean" and Manuele's "travel weary" textures would add much realism to long flights.

Sometimes a lot can be learned by reading FSX and CFS2 forums.
    Hi Hurricane91,
    Unfortunately I cannot help You (and the others) in solving the problems related to props and to FS9 (or FSX) crash because, strangely, I and my Italian friends that collaborated with me in betatesting during development and before the release, never met these problems.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Try this set of props textures ... solved some of my problems (not same as yours but who know )
    Thank you sir, I will give them a try. The last few test flights were without any problems, so I am hoping the cause was a system glitch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Hurricane91,
    Unfortunately I cannot help You (and the others) in solving the problems related to props and to FS9 (or FSX) crash because, strangely, I and my Italian friends that collaborated with me in betatesting during development and before the release, never met these problems.....

Thank you for the response Manuele. All flights yesterday with several of the new models were without problems so I suspect some sort of system issue caused the trouble.

Hurricane, I intend to upload the clean I-ALAN in FS9 format as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hurricane, I intend to upload the clean I-ALAN in FS9 format as well.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thank you Huub. The textures in the screenshots are magnificent

Nearly there............. The screenshots are taken in Golden Wings 3 (FS9)

When Photobucket refuses to show the images, try to click on the smal icons. It works for me...............

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    That is a sparkling texture set Huub, and a nice addition to this dazzling aircraft package.

I-alan paint for sm-79 done by huub vink

Huub,

Loved the shot of your I-ALAN SM-79 paint. Did you ever up-load for FS9?

Would love to fly it on this beautiful Italian tri-motor done by Mvg3d.

Mal

Not yet Mal,

While gathering information about this aircraft I found some information which needed to be lookad at. There are a few details which are not really standard. Manuele and I had some contact and Manuele asked his Italian friend to help us.

The most interresting thing is the non-standard marking with the Italian axe. We all know the blue background, but pictures showed that aircraft used by LATI used a slightly different marking. As all pictures available showed the marking in black & white we didn't have a clue about the colours. Until a friend of Manuele found a picture from an old model , which showed the marking in full colour.
    This and other things we found are now introduced in the repaint.

I hope to upload both the FSX and FS9 version later today.

Huub

Thanks for that Huub.

Your attention to detail and persistence in reaching the right sources are admirable. I shall very much enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I have spent the last few days correcting the wheel positions and adding exhaust effects and smoke to the 3 engines and landing effects. Also added the 'squeaky brakes' gauge which always makes me smile on these 1930s' a/c.

Not sure who did the sound for this a/c. It really gives great ambiance. Good enough to be Nigel's or Hambly's. Apologies if I got this wrong!

Very impressive a/c on the approach to Duxford, many thanks to Mvgd3 for all his skill and work, which provide hours of immersion in a long lost age of flight.

Mal

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Thanks for that Huub.

Your attention to detail and persistence in reaching the right sources are admirable. I shall very much enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I have spent the last few days correcting the wheel positions and adding exhaust effects and smoke to the 3 engines and landing effects. Also added the 'squeaky brakes' gauge which always makes me smile on these 1930s' a/c.

Not sure who did the sound for this a/c. It really gives great ambiance. Good enough to be Nigel's or Hambly's. Apologies if I got this wrong!

Very impressive a/c on the approach to Duxford, many thanks to Mvgd3 for all his skill and work, which provide hours of immersion in a long lost age of flight.

Mal
    Hi Mal,
    Thank You for your appreciation !!!
    The sounds are from Stefano "PCMeneg" Meneghini, also author of many of the gauges used in this package.

mvg3d,

My thanks to Stefano. He has packed a lot of interesting and varied noises into a tiny package, plus he made the gauges. That takes some skill!

Anyway, as I said before - great ambience for a great a/c that gives real feeling.

Mal

For those who want it; the clean FS9 version of the I-ALAN is avaible now.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    For those who want it; the clean FS9 version of the I-ALAN is avaible now.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    Very beautiful Huub. Thank you. The additional research is much appreciated.
    I have seen some photos of I-MAGO with the Alfa Romeo 125 engines that
    also had very pictorialized "axe" markings on the cowling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm-79proto ar engine.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	37982
    Last edited by Hurricane91; May 16th, 2016 at 19:01.

Thanks for posting the picture Hurricane! I had not seen that one before as well. It is doesn't match the one on the I-ALAN, but again I don't know what colours it has and what the intention of it is.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0