Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Uploaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Uploaded

Icon22 Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Uploaded

Hi Friends,
    I have just uploaded my Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T....

Civilian "CS" (Competizione Sportiva=Sporting Race) versions of the known medium and torpedo bomber Savoia-Marchetti S.79 "Sparviero", deployed by Regia Aeronautica, or Italian Royal Air Force, were successfully flown (w/civil marks) in the "Istres-Damascus-Paris (Lindberg Cup)" 1937 air race, where they ranked the first three places of the final scoreboard. The also "civilian" "T" (Transatlantic) version of the very same S.79 performed exceptionally in the 1938 Atlantic crossing Roma-Dakar-Rio de Janeiro and in a 1939 experimental test meant to verify the feasibility of an airline passengers and mail line between Italy and South America for the civilian airlines (Ala Littoria S.A.- Linee Aeree Atlantiche, later called L.A.T.I./Linee Aeree Transcontinentali Italiane) over the routes of Southern Atlantic Ocean (Brazil/Argentina/Equador).
    3 new different GMax models, covering 3 different versions of the civilian S.79 described above and featuring the standard animated parts, such as all flight controls, props pitch and leading-edge slats. Ten (10) different liveries depicting all the S.79CS team which flew the 1937 Istres-Damascus-Paris Race, the 1938 Roma-Rio de Janeiro Expedition and 1939 Transatlantic Test flight. This plane was originally developed for FS9, but an FSX version is also available in another separated release. VC only. GMax Models and Skins by Manuele Villa & Italianwings.Installation instructions included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-13_02.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	37323 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-12_01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	37324 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-BRUN_4.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	37325

CREDITS:

For CS & T Versions : FS9/FSX Model rebuild & modifications, VC rebuild and animations by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Original textures by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Pilot models by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    For I-ROTR (I-12): Original CFS3 GMAX model by Mr. Luca Festari & Mr. Pietro Zazzetta (Italianwings).
    FS9 conversion, model modifications, VC rebuild and animations by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Original textures by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Pilot models by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Flight dynamics derived from original ones by FSAviator.
    Gauges: many of the Italian gauges in this panel were created from scratch or radically modified from freeware items by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa, other gauges are from Mr. Stefano "PcMeneg" Meneghini and Mr. Hauke "KeDI" Keitel.
    Bubble Sextant by Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumont (Freeware).
    Handling notes and tutorials from original by FSAviator.
    Aircraft descriptions and history by Manuele "MVG3D" Villa.
    Sounds by Mr. Stefano "PcMeneg" Meneghini.
    Translations by Mr. Stefano "Kelticheart" Denti & Mr. Umberto Sciacchetano.
    Beta-Testing by PVI-Roma (Piloti Virtuali Italiani).
    Screenshots by Mr. Huub Vink.

SPECIAL THANKS:
    To my Greek friend Mr. N.Daskalakis for his precious help. Very special thanks to ALL the Sim-Outhouse members for their support and suggestions.

Thank one and all!!
    Most appreciated by us old hands.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Out Bloody Standing!!! I've been keeping an eye out for this one. Thanks Manuele!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Great news Thank you so much !

Looking forward to downloading the package as soon as it arrives...yippeee.

Great news Manuele! Thanks you very much for this iconic aircraft

Cheers,

Huub

Manuele,

Thank you for a very impressive presentation of this beautiful aircraft. Style, character and perfomance in a 1930s' veteran. The variety of models and the great skins make this a very special package of joy and fun.

Thanks again for giving us the fruits of your labour.

Mal

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Superb!

Amazing and outstanding looking aircraft, Manuele.
    It's a credit to your skill, patience and determination, my friend.

This is a MUST HAVE!

BRAVO!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Dear Manuele

Grazie

Roland

Ps:Tiny FSX glitch-->prop texture

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-4-22_17-21-32-552.jpg  

Roland,

Are you flying the (not native) FSX version? I had the privilege to fly a pre-release version and had similar problems, but with the final version these problems are gone for me (see images, all images made in FSX). As Manuele could not reproduce the issue, I thought it had to do with my video card (Nvidea GeForce GTX 760).

By the way for the FSX version there is a thread in the FSX forums.

Cheers,
    Huub

I am somewhat sure that i am on FSX version but I will check again.It is only with ALA though

Thanks

Roland

Hi,
    I get a slightly similar effect side on with all the lines, but it's not too noticeable...where does the beautiful blue and white texture come from?

Andy.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    I get a slightly similar effect side on with all the lines, but it's not too noticeable...where does the beautiful blue and white texture come from?

Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    Unfortunately I cannot solve the problem with the brurred props because the props work correctly in my PC....
    The blue/ivory were typical colours of ALA LITTORIA planes, take a look in the DOCS folder within "Savoia Marchetti S.79CS MVG" folder for history of the race and raids.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-ALAN_2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	37356

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Amazing and outstanding looking aircraft, Manuele.
    It's a credit to your skill, patience and determination, my friend.

This is a MUST HAVE!

BRAVO!
    Γειά σου Nigel,
    Σ'ευχαριστώ παρα παρα πολύ για τα καλά σου λόγια !!!

A BIG Thank You for Your appreciation...

Hi Manuele,
    Such a wonderful model and the prop thing is barely visible anyway, but what I was really asking was whether that ALA LITTORIA livery/texture was available for download somewhere?
    Andy.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Γειά σου Nigel,
    Σ'ευχαριστώ παρα παρα πολύ για τα καλά σου λόγια !!!

A BIG Thank You for Your appreciation...
    To καλό πρέπει να λέγεται, φίλε Manuele - η δουλειά σου έιναι υπέρωχο!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi Manuele,
    Such a wonderful model and the prop thing is barely visible anyway, but what I was really asking was whether that ALA LITTORIA livery/texture was available for download somewhere?
    Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    I-ALAN livery is included in the package, in the a/c choice simply search for "SM.79 Sparviero/Passeggeri".....

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    I forgotten to include in the "Tips" that the Yoke appears/disappears with the spoiler command (/)"....

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    To καλό πρέπει να λέγεται, φίλε Manuele - η δουλειά σου έιναι υπέρωχο!
    Φίλε Nigel, όταν θα περάσεις από Αθήνα έλα να σε κεράσω έναν καφέ στο γραφείο μου, που είναι πίσω από το Hilton !!!!

I've downloaded this plane yesterday ! just one word : fa-bu-lous !!!! I've got also a problem with the propellers texture so I corrected them with copying the black file "Prop_rear.bmp" and renamed it "prop.bmp" and deleted the gray one. So, I have the same texture file both sides of the propeller, and now without any problem.

Blog Entries
    Hello Manuele, Thank you for this magnificent group of historic aircraft. Your SM. 79 series is a fitting tribute to Alessandro Marchettí, and all those who built and flew the Sparviero. Your modelling and artwork is marvelous. Thanks also to Stefano Meneghini, FSAviator, and the many talented contributors.

Grazie Manuele !!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-4-23_23-44-50-199.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Hi,
    Let's hope this is roughly on-topic

Much as I like the S-79 models, I also like to add an autopilot so I can go off and make Tea. I think some of Manuele's aircraft have a modified Sperry(?) unit, but not the I-ALAN which is the one I fly.

I have the old LAGO model to which I have added the autopilot from the Dh 104, which works well, but this does not want to function in these newer aircraft and I wondered whether there is something I can do to make this unit work.

Thanks for any advice,
    Andy.

Just posted this in the FSX forum and have copied it here
    A.
    Last edited by lemonadedrinker; April 29th, 2016 at 00:58. Reason: wrong forum.

Blog Entries

SM. 79 textures

I have experience some sim crashes when flying the new SM. 79 models. I'm not sure what is causing it but I did notice that in a couple of instances, the prop textures did not display properly before the crash when starting the engines. I also noticed that a prop texture problem was mentioned in the FSX forum's SM. 79 thread. Has anyone encountered any issues with this airplane in FS9?

While at the FSX thread, I saw a beautiful "clean" I-ALAN texture work in progress by Huub Vink. Huub, if you read this, I am very interested in this "clean" texture. To have use of both your "clean" and Manuele's "travel weary" textures would add much realism to long flights.

Sometimes a lot can be learned by reading FSX and CFS2 forums.

Lightbulb

I have experience some sim crashes when flying the new SM. 79 models. I'm not sure what is causing it but I did notice that in a couple of instances, the prop textures did not display properly before the crash when starting the engines. I also noticed that a prop texture problem was mentioned in the FSX forum's SM. 79 thread. Has anyone encountered any issues with this airplane in FS9?
    Try this set of props textures ... solved some of my problems (not same as yours but who know )
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0