making a standalone

Thread: making a standalone

making a standalone

Is there a tutorial for making standalone A/Cs in cfs2 ?

Icon22 Out of curiosity...

Gosd,

What aircraft did you have in mind?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Are you talking for Scenery Design ?

M98toBGL Convert FS98, CFS1 aircraft into static scenery objects
    Click image to download ***

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Gosd,

What aircraft did you have in mind?
    I have noticed that there are several skins available for some aircrafts and instead of replacing the skin I would like to crate a new single aircraft with the new skin.
    Thanks for your help.

That's easy. First make a copy of the plane. When you have put on the skin you want in the copy, you simply rename it - and then you have a "new" plane.
    Finn

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    That's easy. First make a copy of the plane. When you have put on the skin you want in the copy, you simply rename it - and then you have a "new" plane.
    Finn
    gosd,

What aircraft are you looking to do? I don't think everyone is following you.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    I have noticed that there are several skins available for some aircrafts and instead of replacing the skin I would like to crate a new single aircraft with the new skin.
    Thanks for your help.
    gosd,

First copy the plane folder with all it's content and paste it somewhere else. Rename to folder to what you want.

Next in the aircraft cfg. file rename the title to same name as folder. I usually sue notepad to open it.

[fltsim.0]
    title=FDG2 SBD-3 <---- this is what you change.
    sim=SBD3
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=
    kb_checklists=SBD-3_Checklist
    Last edited by TheBookie; April 21st, 2016 at 13:04.

Ok, when I have done that how do I edit a mission in order to change the player A/C to the one I just created?

Use Mission Builder to edit the mission so that the player and player's flight use the aircraf you want.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Ok, when I have done that how do I edit a mission in order to change the player A/C to the one I just created?
    Go into mission folder and find the mission you want to change.

Look for where it says player aircraft.

type_id= is the id number for the plane

[unit.24]
    id=9410
    type_id=3926 <---- what you are looking for.
    name=%name_string.24%
    is_player_aircraft=1
    allegiance=3
    skill=3
    aggression=2
    payload=2

After you get the id number scroll down to unit_type and find the same number and change the plane name to the name of you new planes folder name. this will change all the planes in the players flight.To just change the player plane is more complicated and it's getting late here and I' tired.

[unit_type.1]
    type_id=3926 <--- this number
    unit_family=1
    name=KM_P-40F_V1 <---- plane folder name

Also remember to back up the original in case of a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Use Mission Builder to edit the mission so that the player and player's flight use the aircraf you want.

Allen,

If the person that built the mission did any hand editing, which the better ones do,that could mess up the mission. Better to use the hand edit method I described above and it's not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    Allen,

If the person that built the mission did any hand editing, which the better ones do,that could mess up the mission. Better to use the hand edit method I described above and it's not that hard to do.
    I know that but...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

gosd,

Get Cody's handbook. It will walk you through all of this. It has even more that you might be interested in.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=3972

It has a wealth of knowledge.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

gosd,

Once you rename your copied aircraft folder, change the name to what you want on the "title=" and "sim=" line in the aircraft config. Then change to that name dp file and air file, then in the MODEL folder open the model.cfg and change "normal=" to that same name, save it, and change the name of the mdl file to the same name.

Once you have renamed all of these files to the one you want, put the new aircraft back into your AIRCRAFT folder.

Now use Morton's utility, add the new plane, and select the mission and or campaign mission you want to change the aircraft in and merely change it using MK's utility.
    This way, you only have to make changes to the new aircraft instead of hand editing the MIS files.
    Also, by changing the name in all of the aircraft folders, (simply rename the folder then copy it and paste it into all of the files as stated above), you now have it listed in free flight as a different aircraft.
    If you do not rename it in all of the locations I named, you have several aircraft with the same name and have to choose it from a list similar to an aircraft with many skins.

In other words:
    I take a TBF_Avenger and rename it to TBF_Avenger_MkII_828.
    In the AIRCRAFT cfg I change

[fltsim.0]
    title=TBF_Avenger
    sim=TBF_Avenger

TO

[fltsim.0]
    title=TBF_Avenger_MkII_828 "HMS Implacable"
    sim=TBF_Avenger_MkII_828

I change the TBF_Avenger AIR and DP to TBF_Avenger_MkII_828 AIR and DP.
    In the MODEL folder I change the names from TBF_Avenger to TBF_Avenger_MkII_828 for both the MDL and inside the CFG file.

I now copy and paste that new aircraft: TBF_Avenger_MkII_828 into my AIRCRAFT folder and use Morton's "mk_cfs2_util" to add that aircraft to my CFS2 install, then change out the original player aircraft to the new one.
    I then use Jonesoft QC editor to add it to my Quick Combat, "QUICKCOM" folder and qc_plane QCB file.

This sounds like a lot of editing work, but it is mostly copy and paste.
    All names of the new aircraft have to agree or it doesn't work out so well, which is why I don't hand edit my mission files very often.
    I let Morton's utility do that for me.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0