Consolidated Catalina MkI RAF Coastal Command - Released!

Thread: Consolidated Catalina MkI RAF Coastal Command - Released!

Consolidated Catalina MkI RAF Coastal Command - Released!

Hi Folks,
    Another version of my re-vamped Alpha PBY Catalina. This time as an RAF Coastal Command Catalina MkI. With new crew, twin VGO rear guns, depth charge loaded and unloaded versions, new tex etc etc.

Being checked over as we speak.

Also some nice scenery to go with it.....

Cheers

Shessi

Mod edit: Download link in post #4 below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Catalina MkI 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; April 26th, 2016 at 11:01.

SOH-CM-2020
    Amazing to see your continuing work, thank you very much! : )))

When I'm right the Mk.Ia/b is also the version of the famous Norwegian Catalinas, isn't it?

Best regards,
    Elmar

Great work! Superb paintjob too!

Excellent work Shessi. Another superb addition for my flying boat fleet.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Excellent job, as always!

I don't have any skins for this one, as I don't have much expertise about British WW2 liveries, and even less skill at soft-edged camouflage schemes. Still, I'm very happy to have this Cat, and I hope more knowledgeable and skillful painters will give us more skins for it.

Thanks Shessi, been waiting for this, this is a shot from FSX, other than the usual prop issue's, it works really well
    There's no Loch Erne in FSX land, at least, not with serious work with SbuilderX on coast lines ect, which is a bit beyond me, but i recon i could make up a quick and dirty seaplane start somewhere in N Ireland, thanks again

cheers ian

Thanks guys.

Ian, that does looks good.

What is needed for an FSX prop, please someone tell me, as I can quickly do that and you'd then have a complete FSX ac?

For Fs9 and CFS2, I make the prop material completely transparent, then rely on the prop tex alpha to create the transparency. I think in FSX it's a combination of material transparency and tex alpha?

Cheers

Shessi

Hi, i dont know much about the prop issue's im afraid, but im led to believe that it may be a MDL issue, and may be unfix-able, but ive seen a lot worse, im very happy with the Cat, you really dont notice that much. going to try a few more, keep em coming

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Excellent job, as always!

I don't have any skins for this one, as I don't have much expertise about British WW2 liveries, and even less skill at soft-edged camouflage schemes. Still, I'm very happy to have this Cat, and I hope more knowledgeable and skillful painters will give us more skins for it.
    Just an 'FYI' Mick, and I'm not sure if it applies to aircraft like this, but many RAF aircraft had their paint schemes applied using rubber mats as masks, resulting in hard edged patterns.
    Of course, that was at the 'Factory', so at a Maintenance Unit or Squadron level who knows?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0