Captain Sim Cr*p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim Cr*p

Charter Member 2011

Captain Sim Cr*p

SO I thought I'd drop a few dollars on some of the runout Capsim stuff.
    What a nightmare, and the details are so boring I won't even go into them here.
    The Yak activation was the gem I thought I'd share.
    It won't activate, so you go through the almost governmental red tape and logins to knowledge base on their website to end up with this advice:

A: 1. Download the file Y3.exe (205 kB) to any folder on your PC.
    2. Run this file.
    3. Press "Select" button.
    4. Find csy003_1100.exe file on your PC.
    5. Follow the instructions.

You've guesssed it, haven't you?
    This clever little patch tells you it can't complete, because you haven't activated the product!
    If I stumble upon a fix, I'll post it, it may save you several hours of pain should you not be able to do without these...

I also made the mistake of buying the F-104 at the same time, also won't activate.

Caveat Emptor.

Oh dear! Russian red tape! I had similar problems with my Herc when I wanted to reactivate it after a hard drive failure -in the end I gave up - did another reinstall recently and had another go and managed to load it with no issues so didn't need to reacativate it in the end.

I liked #4: "Find csy003_1100.exe file on your PC."
    If you haven't activated the aircraft, how does the .exe file get on your PC? Guess things get a little strange going from Russian to English.

Good luck!

I had the same thing with the Yak 3+ yrs ago. Nice to see some things dont change

BTW... I never did get it working
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

same problem here with the yak3 . and the F104 won't work either .
    i tried emailing them directly but got no answer whatsoever , open a customer services ticket that they immediately closed before they redirected me towards their KBs ( even thought i mentioned in the message i sent them that i tried the KBs with no effect ) , and the only answer i get from the forums is to check their KBs .

this is one company i will never buy from again
    "Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt."
    Mahatma Gandhi

those who would trade freedom in order to get safety deserve neither

FWIW, the C-130 stuff is nice
    Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Capt Sim

Guys I had the same problem with the 104 and the 707 when I purchased them.:isadizzy: Found the only way to get them to work is do an offline activation. Can't remember the exactly how, but check the database. All it takes is a couple of steps.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Charter Member 2011
    I bought the 707 and F-104 together, one order number. The 707 installed OK using offline activation, F-104 zilch. Likewise Yak 3, nada.

This amounts to theft.

The time I have spent chasing their knowledge base circular results, far outweighs the cost of the software.
    Does this prompt me to go looking for Captain Sim crack codes in the Dark Recesses of the internet?
    No, but there are some who will get tipped into piracy by this kind of retail behaviour.

Drake
    I picked up the F-104 last year before Christmas. It worked fine then. Allthough it was like pulling teeth for a couple months to get the paintkit.

SOH-CM-2020
    Late last year I purchased the B707 and had to install it using offline activation, but this took some time to achieve.

In my opinion the drama to get products installed and working would put me off dealing with Capt Sim again.

I've found their web site is not user friendly.

Pete.

Just recently bought the F-104 and B-707...same thing, activation no-worky. I started a ticket and they closed it out, saying the problem had already been addressed in their little line up of previous issues. Well, I still haven't been able to activate and their previous issues"fix" doesn't help. Eff those *******s.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Let me get this straight..

You guys have all purchased these packages and none of them work?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Sorry, no help here, except to say after problems activating my "legendary" (or illusory) B727 I discovered that the Vistaliners (now also HJG) B727 is a pretty nice plane after all, even without a VC. And, there are a lot of repaints available, unlike the promised 300 repaints from Captainsim which just never seemed to be available on their website. They have a funny idea of what the term "customer service" means.

Captain Sim is known for having a non-existant customer service system...I misplaced my product keys about a year ago and have given up all hope of recovering them...
    Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Haven't had a single problem with their support. Used top have activation probs with older software that you mention here but there are indeed all answers available at their KB.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedr37 View Post
    Haven't had a single problem with their support. Used top have activation probs with older software that you mention here but there are indeed all answers available at their KB.
    Err, well do share where one is supposed to look to get the products activated.
    This would appear not to be an isolated incident.

Have all the FS9 Captain Sim planes (appart from the jet trainer which only seems available on JF or other 3rd party sites) and some FSX, never had a problem yet. When I first installed them I did so to a dummy directory and then zipped up the resulting files to avoid running them again, I do this with most installers although some don't work right IIRC.

I just bought a new Quad core rig and transfered the HD across with all the files, haven't got round to testing the Captain Sim stuff yet, but will now make it a priority, lol. As for the ACE apps, dunno if they will work and don't care, never used them appart from the initial set up. I'm not about to retest the installers just to find they bu99er up my existing files, heaven forbid.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Let me get this straight..

You guys have all purchased these packages and none of them work?

Bill
    Sounds like you are doing it wrong Bill.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Well, just tested all those ACE proggies, they weren't installed onto this computer, rather transfered from my old one. All work bar the 707 which has been quarantined by McAfee as a Trojan, which it isn't. Restored it, and it got quarantined again as soon as I went near it. Guess I'm going back to good olé Norton ASAP, never had ANY probs with that.

Now just need to test the planes.

Jamie

I stay with freeware...alomost no problems.

Cheers

Casey

The only one that ever gave me real grief was the YaK3 ......but I did buy the B727, B707 and C-130 on disc via a local retailer.
    I did get the 104 as well some time ago as an online purchase and aside from a small glitch which required their new "activation redirection" patch it was smooth enough.
    I 'hangered' the 104 after it was replaced by the Cloud 9 rendition.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Drake
    My CSF-104 works fine. I didn't get it through CS though. I bought it from the fspilotshop.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Same problem with the Yak-3 here; two patches downloaded, and than the install works fine, but at end I get a message that the product was not activated (Which it did a few minutes earlier) and functionality will be disabled. No solution in their KB either...

Haven't tried the 104 yet, as I keep unvoluntarily banging my head to the nearest wall when I even think of the problems I have with the Yak... :isadizzy:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

May be you should try offline activation, it is easy to do. search for instructions at CS knowledge base.

Charter Member 2011
    See previous posts in this thread...
    I have now opened a dispute through PayPal for this, and will follow it through to the full extent I can.
    I'm actually quite pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I bought the 707 and F-104 together, one order number. The 707 installed OK using offline activation, F-104 zilch. Likewise Yak 3, nada.

This amounts to theft.

The time I have spent chasing their knowledge base circular results, far outweighs the cost of the software.
    Does this prompt me to go looking for Captain Sim crack codes in the Dark Recesses of the internet?
    No, but there are some who will get tipped into piracy by this kind of retail behaviour.