FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 361

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Nice looking scenery! Where is it, and is that gate animated? NC

The gate was not tried
    But the scenery: LIDA Asiago https://fullterrain.com/freeware#
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Another one from the soon to be released Viggen pack. Textures by Dave Q.

SAAB JA-37 Viggen 17-33 (37333) from Flygflottilj 17 based at Ronneby in 1983. This aircraft was delivered in bare metal finish from SAAB. The reason for many JA's being seen unpainted was that the Swedish air force tried to save money on not paying SAAB to paint the new aircraft, but rather paint them themselves during major servicing.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

JF Mosquito

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-22_0-8-48-338.jpg   2016-5-22_0-11-54-518.jpg  

Trying to land in the giant, but unfortunately there are no hard deck in this AI

Normally, I do all of my sim flying over my local area using the Playsims/Horizon VFR scenery, but have decided to go on a virtual holiday back to the Pacific Northwest and have somehow forgotten how nice the place is. Think Orbx is fine for those places that you have never been to in real life. Still flying the A2A T-6 and well haven't touched anything else now for months as test flew the Betas before flying the release model. Am very very happy with her and even more so now with John Terrell's wonderful repaints (this is the latest - Harvard VH-TXN) which almost make the airframe a different aeroplane all together. Wonderful stuff indeed. Brings back a lot of good memories, every time I start her up.

Best wishes,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Normally, I do all of my sim flying over my local area using the Playsims/Horizon VFR scenery, but have decided to go on a virtual holiday back to the Pacific Northwest and have somehow forgotten how nice the place is. Think Orbx is fine for those places that you have never been to in real life. Still flying the A2A T-6 and well haven't touched anything else now for months as test flew the Betas before flying the release model. Am very very happy with her and even more so now with John Terrell's wonderful repaints (this is the latest - Harvard VH-TXN) which almost make the airframe a different aeroplane all together. Wonderful stuff indeed. Brings back a lot of good memories, every time I start her up.

Best wishes,

Martin
    Extraordinary, Martin. 2nd one is outstanding!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Sim Skunk Works Freeware F-104S with Cloud9 repaints - fair aircraft....

Best regards, Manfred.

Awesome Zipper pics Manfred!

Cheers,

Tornado somewhere over France/Switzerland

Last edited by scotth6; May 23rd, 2016 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post

Great pics!!!
    SSW Tonka?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Pretty much got the paint layout done. It's taken forever.... up to about 120 screengrabs for trial and error...but the layout 'stencil' is within 1 or 2 pixels of absolute.

Once I get the lines done and a bump map .... it'll start looking like a bird...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Great pics!!!
    SSW Tonka?

Zsolt
    Thanks Zsolt. Sure is the SSW Tonka, and it's a nice jet to fly. I've been spending quite a bit of time in it recently. Love the moving map display and some other systems. I haven't even tried it with the Tac Pack yet!

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Zsolt. Sure is the SSW Tonka, and it's a nice jet to fly. I've been spending quite a bit of time in it recently. Love the moving map display and some other systems. I haven't even tried it with the Tac Pack yet!

Cheers,

Scott
    Easy to ramp start?
    I purchase soon!

Zsolt

Gannet Sea King ZA130

Another Gannet Sea King.. this time ZA130/09

Interested parties can grab a copy HERE

ATB
    DaveB

Evening flight in Milton's Mallard.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Tonka"? NC

"Tonka"? NC
    Tornado NC

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Tornado NC

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave, am not hip to the slang, I guess! NC

Thanks Dave, am not hip to the slang, I guess! NC
    British nickname!

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Easy to ramp start?
    I purchase soon!

Zsolt
    Yes, very easy. It has a quick start "bar" ( for want of a better word ) similar to the English Electric Lightning that toggles a bunch of switches together. There are a few steps but I only had to watch the video a couple of times to learn the procedure. Sometimes I toggle the throttle from off to idle a bit too late and it fails to start, but even if this happens it will start on the second try quite easily.

Here is the start up video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=yFoZTY2Tqd0

The terrain following radar is excellent too.

The moving map display comes with Italy, Germany and UK maps installed, but there is also a video tutorial on how to create more maps for any area. That is also very easy. The most time consuming bit is waiting for the map files to download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0NqNULdeA&app=desktop

@ Navy Chief, I also only learned what the Tonka was very recently on this site. I had no idea it was called that even when I bought the Tornado.

Cheers,

Scott

Members who have read this thread: 287