Khalkhin-Gol Incident-USSR - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Khalkhin-Gol Incident-USSR

Good Marty, is the Campaign or are individual missions working for you?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon25 Every this is going good

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Good Marty, is the Campaign or are individual missions working for you?
    I have all the Campaign and missions working great. I am looking for some screen to change the look of the campaign. This is the best Campaign to be released yet. I wish I could get the Japanese side of Nomonhan campaign working but no luck there. The Russian are doing great. Thanks for all your time and effort in this campaign. It is a masterpiece. With time the JAAF side will work out I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I have all the Campaign and missions working great. I am looking for some screen to change the look of the campaign. This is the best Campaign to be released yet. I wish I could get the Japanese side of Nomonhan campaign working but no luck there. The Russian are doing great. Thanks for all your time and effort in this campaign. It is a masterpiece. With time the JAAF side will work out I am sure.
    I'll make an appeal to Rami. He enjoys updating Axis campaigns. Thanks for the praises and compliments.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I'll make an appeal to Rami. He enjoys updating Axis campaigns. Thanks for the praises and compliments.

I'm also working on getting the Japanese campaign sorted out! I've got the original Nomonhan version working but it's quite messy so have decided to do it again from scratch, - I'll put some of the missions here as I "complete" them, if that's ok? (have put a clean cfs2 installation on purely for this so that I don't get any conflicts with airfields etc).

Have you had any problems with any of the i-15 tipo2 cockpit panels (going blank looking left/right etc) - If so I have a fix?

Also the texture for Buir Lake is a bit rubbish - (if you are using the Rhumbaflappy enhanced mesh/texture?), - I have replaced the 000b2su1, and 000h2su1 textures, with the original pacific versions, and the lake looks much better!

That is good news that you are working on a Japanese side I too initially tried to use xavierb's Nomonhan. but decided, except for most of the airfields, to go from scratch. I did not use Rhumba's mesh or anything, just a clean install. Yes, the textures around that lake are messed up, but I can live with it. I think I posted a screenshot of what I see earlier in this thread.

No, with my vision and reflexes I fly in the HUD view almost exclusively. I haven't had any issues, therefore, with the I-15 tipo2 panel.

Good fortune to you:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    I'm also working on getting the Japanese campaign sorted out! I've got the original Nomonhan version working but it's quite messy so have decided to do it again from scratch, - I'll put some of the missions here as I "complete" them, if that's ok? (have put a clean cfs2 installation on purely for this so that I don't get any conflicts with airfields etc).

Have you had any problems with any of the i-15 tipo2 cockpit panels (going blank looking left/right etc) - If so I have a fix?

Also the texture for Buir Lake is a bit rubbish - (if you are using the Rhumbaflappy enhanced mesh/texture?), - I have replaced the 000b2su1, and 000h2su1 textures, with the original pacific versions, and the lake looks much better!
    Hi Chaps,

If you install Rhumba's latest Global Surface Water and Shorelines packages, you will get an accurate depiction of Lake Buir and surrounding lakes. I haven't checked if any airfields are inundated.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Buir.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Chaps, If you install Rhumba's latest Global Surface Water and Shorelines packages, you will get an accurate depiction of Lake Buir and surrounding lakes. I haven't checked if any airfields are inundated. Kevin
    Nice Kevin, very nice. Mine is very 'squared' shorelines - see page 2, post #31. Yours is quite an improvement! Question: Where to find Rhumba's new Global Surface Water nd Shorelines package? I looked in the Warbirds scenery (mesh category ) and didn't see it.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; November 16th, 2020 at 11:29.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi Chaps,

If you install Rhumba's latest Global Surface Water and Shorelines packages, you will get an accurate depiction of Lake Buir and surrounding lakes. I haven't checked if any airfields are inundated.

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks - have you got a link to those packages?

Richard

Library Staff
    Hi Greg & Richard,

There was this thread with links in the forum in April last year: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=rhumbaflappy

It looks like the downloads didn't make it into the library due to their massive size (5GB).

Kevin

Hi Greg & Richard,

There was this thread with links in the forum in April last year: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=rhumbaflappy

It looks like the downloads didn't make it into the library due to their massive size (5GB).

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks very much for that. - I will give those a try.

Yes! Thanks.

I remember now. I downloaded and installed it on a different computer a year and a half ago and forgot about it. I'm sure I have it in my storage-backup too. Thanks for the tip and reminder, Kdriver! I recommend that none of those, who have installed this campaign. utilize this addition right off. I will check out the relationship of several layouts to the new rivers and lakes. I may need to edit some missions to accommodate the terrain changes.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Library Staff
    Hopefully this area of operations with its fairly featureless landscape might be one which can accommodate Rhumba's latest files.

here's an improved dp file for the Nate, if you want to try it. Attached screenshots show the difference, with more realistic/reduced hitting area for the wings, especially when viewed from astern/ahead. - (just rename the text file to nate.dp to use, and back up the old one!)

this one also has a couple of extra payloads including a long range tank - I've used the Oscar tank for now in the centre position.

The guns have also been changed to more accurately reflect what the Nate was armed with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hit boxes compared 1.jpg   hit boxes compared 2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hopefully this area of operations with its fairly featureless landscape might be one which can accommodate Rhumba's latest files.
    They fit well on he AO, there was no need to change any missions too. I will add their d/l links to the list in the campaign package.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 IJAAF's Nomonhan for CFS2

They fit well on he AO, there was no need to change any missions too. I will add their d/l links to the list in the campaign package.
    Has anyone made so adjustment to the campaign missions so they will load and play? or is anyone has some missions on the Japanese side please let us know. the Russian side is Great,but I would like to fly the Japanese side also. This is one of the Best campaigns in a lone time. Keep up the good work.

Has anyone made so adjustment to the campaign missions so they will load and play? or is anyone has some missions on the Japanese side please let us know. the Russian side is Great,but I would like to fly the Japanese side also. This is one of the Best campaigns in a lone time. Keep up the good work.

Marty - maybe have a go with the couple of IJAAF missions attached (hopefully!) - and let me know how it goes/any problems wth aircraft/scenery etc?

working on the Ki-10 hit-boxes at the moment see attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki-10_improved_hit_boxes.jpg  

Icon22 I can't get them to work

Marty - maybe have a go with the couple of IJAAF missions attached (hopefully!) - and let me know how it goes/any problems wth aircraft/scenery etc?
    I loaded the the first one wanted the KI_27_Nate.1 then said the aircraft could not register. the second one was calling for a I-16 russian aircraft, both did not work on my Windows 7 32bit system. Thanks for trying to fix a Japanese mission.

I loaded the the first one wanted the KI_27_Nate.1 then said the aircraft could not register. the second one was calling for a I-16 russian aircraft, both did not work on my Windows 7 32bit system. Thanks for trying to fix a Japanese mission.

ok - have messaged you.

Several of my "stock" aircraft are different than what you will have - so i'm just trying to re-write the mission files so they will work for you.

I think that's fixable - I use the BR2 Ki-27 Nate, and it seems to work better as a player aircraft than the others, which do seem to give the odd issue when used as player aircraft, although fine as AI, so it's probably worth you getting that one if you want to run the Japanese side.

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...=ki-27&x=0&y=0

(FS2 AVG Flying Tiger PACK)

Shadow Wolf

I've spotted that the speed in the [misc_data] part of the .dp file for the Ki-10, are in mph instead of km/h, which massively affects how fast the Ki-10 flies between waypoints (and therefore how fast it is flying when you encounter it), and it's ability to fly in formation with other "faster" aircraft. - The mission builder limits the speed based on the [misc_data].

(You can see that it's supposed to be metric, km/h by looking at the stock CFS2 aircraft)

Shadow Wolf I've spotted that the speed in the [misc_data] part of the .dp file for the Ki-10, are in mph instead of km/h, which massively affects how fast the Ki-10 flies between waypoints (and therefore how fast it is flying when you encounter it), and it's ability to fly in formation with other "faster" aircraft. - The mission builder limits the speed based on the [misc_data]. (You can see that it's supposed to be metric, km/h by looking at the stock CFS2 aircraft)
    Thank you sir. I have known for some time that the speeds and other data on the .dp are metric. I think I never noted the glitch with the Ki-10 is because I cannot recall using it other than maybe as an inf object. I have altered the .dp accordingly and will upload it and other changes/fixes tomorrow. i plan to replace the package with this and any others I can find between now and tomorrow PM.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you sir. I have known for some time that the speeds and other data on the .dp are metric. I think I never noted the glitch with the Ki-10 is because I cannot recall using it other than maybe as an inf object. I have altered the .dp accordingly and will upload it and other changes/fixes tomorrow. i plan to replace the package with this and any others I can find between now and tomorrow PM.

see if the attached are of any use - mostly they are just tidying up the hit boxes to get closer to the real geometry, without changing how much damage is caused if the boxes are hit, but also I noticed that a lot of the I-16 models don't have the [MISC_DATA] section, so have chucked something in there, that could probably do with updating a bit even though most people won't actually see it. - I also have the 4 x ShKAS rather than the 2 x 20mm cannon - but that's easy enough to change.

the Natacha was also bit overpowered on the rear gun so I also looked at that, while the Ki-10 was a bit weak in the guns considering it's got the same guns as the Nate. My view is that the "1d1*14" of the 0.50 guns is about right, and that "1d1*6" (or even less!) seems more realistic for the 0.30 size guns, especially when you consider that the smaller bullets decelerate so quickly that they have less than half the kinetic energy after 400m.

Also added bullet weights as these were missing from some

a few extra airfields that might be useful in future, - the base_alt possibly needs to be checked depending on what terrain mesh peopl are using? Especially in this region there are massive differences in elevation compared to the standard CFS2 mesh. Not sure how much this affects the AI aircraft when landing? - (the airfield at Fengtian, CFS2 won't let me take off from at all for some reason!!)

It's a long time since I looked at this conflict, but I recall the Chinggis Khaan airfield was the key/main airfield, back away from the front line, and also where new aircraft flew through.
    There is also what looks to me, to clearly have been a runway at the site of the Nomonhan Exhibition Hall (which has loads of BT-7 tanks!), as well as the Arxan/Arxan Yiershi fields which would have been on the Japanese side of the border/front line.

[runway.xxx]
    id=xxxx
    name=Chinggis Kaan
    heading=320
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    base_lat=N47 50.32
    base_lon=E106 46.75
    base_alt=4400

[runway.xxx]
    id=xxxx
    name=Exhibition Hall Airfield
    heading=225
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    base_lat=N47 50.00
    base_lon=E118 50.00
    base_alt=2396

[runway.xxx]
    id=xxxx
    name=Arxan
    heading=330
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    base_lat=N46 45.42
    base_lon=E120 20.35
    base_alt=2525

[runway.xxx]
    id=xxxx
    name=Arxan Yiershi
    heading=300
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    base_lat=N47 18.66
    base_lon=E119 54.83
    base_alt=3175

also maybe worth mentioning, that I've tried the older c2nasiawater, and although it's not quite as detailed as the more up to date stuff, it works well enough (without messing up some other things!), and massively improves the shoreline of Lake Buir, so that may be a good install for someone who doesn't want all the hassle of improving the coastlines so much that some of their existing airfields end up in the sea!!

RWILLS: You are building an IJAAF Nomonkan/Khalkhin-Gol campaign, right? Why don't you start a separate tread for it, so we don't confuse everyone? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your interest and the work you have done for the IJAAF side.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; November 20th, 2020 at 10:52.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 1