If you have been around for a while on the SOH scene you may recall this thread…

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...h+up+for+grabs

a little update for you...

It is shame that nothing has developed so far from this. As stated in the thread Phil(Skippy Bing) has a copy of the mesh and he fully intended to do develop this for FSX, but nothing has come from that so far... that is not a criticism of Phil in anyway… with the best will in the world, things do not always work out as we intend. I think we'd all like to see a Flying Stations F4K/M and someday maybe we will.

When Craig and I met up recently and where discussing what to do next, now that the Sopwith Pup is nearing release, the subject of the Phantom came up in conversation. Craig offered as a favour to me to do some work on it to get it up to a basic freeware standard, so that I could at least fulfill my desire to see it in FSX. Craig has done some amazing work on it adding detail that I had not (because I didn't have the reference available at the time)... and expanding the resolution of the mesh (I was a bit unduly worried about the poly count when I made it). What he has done has turned out so well that its looking like it will be pushed that bit further and made a payware model under the Rara-Avis Sim label. I think he's been bitten by the Gas Burner Bug

We cant be any more certain of finishing this than anyone else... all we can say at the moment is that this is a promising development for fans of the Phantom. At the moment the F-4B and F-4N are the focus of our attention but we’re not ruling out other versions of the F-4. Here are a few pic’s of the current progress in the 3D StudioMAX development software. Consider this thread a peak through our work shop window. Let the journey commence

Matt

Attachment 92002

Attachment 92003

Attachment 92004

Attachment 92005

Attachment 92006

Attachment 92007

Attachment 92009