Sometimes we can learn from the kids....

My son Michael recently has become more interested in CFS and mission flying.
Most of the time he flies my FW 190A, but sometimes he flies the stock aircraft as well.

One of the stock missions involves shooting up a couple gunboats and a German staff car under the Eiffel Tower.
I believe that to properly execute this mission requires being able to fly through the base of the Eiffel Tower. He had some trouble doing that initially, so he asked Dad to demonstrate.
In doing this, I noticed that some aircraft could do it easily while others would take much more effort.
We all know this to be the case, but the Eiffel Tower appears to be a very good test of general handling.
Some aircraft such as my FW 190A and P-40s flew through easily while others such as the Macchis and Ki-61 had a much tougher time. I normally do a lot of testing for straight line performance but not too much rigorous testing for handling. Seems like we will be visiting Paris more often.

What do you all look for in handling? Which particular downloads do you believe have the nicest handling and what do you like about them?

- Ivan.