I was going to buy the boxed version but after reading a few posts elsewhere I gathered I would still have to hook up to steam to get the latest version so I buried my pride and took up the free version with the serial from the Super Box. I did not find the installation process that easy but I managed to stumble my way through it. As a trial I installed it on my web surfing PC. I will soon install it on my gaming PC.

One thing I can not find is the EgoSoft patch that gets rid of steam. After installation I did not get another key to register Albion Prelude at EgoSoft so I can not see anything for it under my login.

Does anyone know where I can get the file (flies)?

Also how do you backup a steam installation. I have seen posts that say there is an option to save the setup file, but I did not see it when I installed the game. I would like to backup the installer as it takes a lot of my download limit to install.

Also with Steam is it like GoG where they update the installer so you always get the latest version every time you download / install, or is it always the base game that has to be updated by patches. If it has to be updated can the patches be saved?

The only other account I have for downloaded games that require online activation is gamergate, and boy it is a lot simpler and you can save the install files etc. I have some free games there as well.

Any help with the steam patch would be appreciated. I gather that version 2.0 is still the latest version as that is what steam seems to install and does not seem to want to update.

Regards MarkL