New driver, 182.50 nvidia

Thread: New driver, 182.50 nvidia

Hybrid View

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Those are the games that people are playing these days. Don't ever expect Flight Sim to show up on a list like that.

I'll have to try the new drivers this afternoon.
    suprised Empire Total War aint up there actually, unless they only report the games which is actually made a difference? :karate:

Besides drivers, wonder what is more important to obtain the best fps in FSX, or other games.
    CPU or Graphics? have core 2 duo 6600 2.40 Ghz and nvidia 9800gtx, 4 gb ram.
    Think it should be better with a faster cpu?
    faster CPU seems to be most agreeded upon :wave:
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

yeah, most of what I read about FSX performance points to CPU. Which is strange because I have a reasonable quad core rig, 3.2G of RAM and had a 640Mb 8800 GTS card. FSX was a stuttery mess, no matter how I tweaked it so I elected to stick with FS9.
    However, a couple of months ago my just-out-of-warranty GTS card blew up completely so I bought a 1Ghz ENGTX260 and lo & behold, FSX runs just fine. No other changes at all. Still, I dont want to re-buy all those addons (orbX looks great, but then I already have VOZ) and I hate the default landsclass in X, so I'll stay with FS9 for now. That said, it might yet warm on me...Any links to freeware upgrades that make FSX look less horrible are welcome!

LPXO

Just because FSX may be CPU dominant, one cant ignore the GPU. Obviously, FSX couldnt run without a video card, so a poorly performing video card (undrpowered/malfunctioning) will limit performance. Nowadays, at least as I see it, the tweaks to the config file pretty much all involve forcing the video card to use its memory to take over some processing needs of the sim from the cpu. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyplanetXO View Post
    Still, I dont want to re-buy all those addons (orbX looks great, but then I already have VOZ) and I hate the default landsclass in X, so I'll stay with FS9 for now. That said, it might yet warm on me...Any links to freeware upgrades that make FSX look less horrible are welcome!

LPXO
    And Orbx's FTX blows any scenery out of the water. Just try the Tasmania demo (AU Blue demo) - unlimited trial over all of Tasmania. Flight Simulator would not have seen this detailed scenery till at least FS12......

Members who have read this thread: 0