Microsoft noted today that SU6 is going to wipe out your 100GB-ish OneStore folder if you have MSFS installed in the default folder. However, I’m pretty sure you can avoid this if you chose that install path initially and you have room to temporarily have a second copy of the files until the update is finished.

I’d suggest that anyone who has their MSFS in the default directory make a new folder like D:\FlightSim, copy the OneStore and Community folders into it, and then point the SU6 update to that folder, to ensure that MSFS doesn’t have to redownload 100GB of files.

Steps:
1) Make a folder somewhere in the root of your drive to be the new folder for your OneStore and Community folders. Mine is F:\FlightSim
2) Copy (don’t Move, or you may end up redownloading if you launch the sim before the update hits) the OneStore and Community folders to the new folder you created
3) When you get the SU6 update and it asks you where to install its files, choose your new F:\FlightSim (or whatever) folder. Now it will only download the updated files instead of all 100GB
4) Once the install is complete and the sim starts up, you should be able to exit and delete the original OneStore/Community folders in the default location, to free up the space.

I haven’t tested this — don’t have the update, and won’t have time to get it until Wednesday — but given what MS said it should work:

PC users: You will have to re-update. If your content is in the default location, expect it to be wiped out and re-installed. If it is on a custom path, you will be able to point your update towards those files.

Even if it turns out not to affect non-beta users, it’s a chance to move MSFS data to an easier-to-find folder and shorten the path to avoid long filename errors. Why not avoid the risk of 100GB+ re-downloads if they’re not necessary?