The Thomas Ruth Antonov AN 225

Thread: The Thomas Ruth Antonov AN 225

Threaded View

The Thomas Ruth Antonov AN 225

Fun model ....huge plane with originally really small graphics. I've done a few in the past...so this time decided to rework the graphics from 1024 res to something bigger/cleaner. There are some repaints around in 4096, however there's more to a paint than just the paint. This model has specs, bumps, and 'light', not just paint/alpha.

First step was to chase all the model openings to be mapped per-pixel....and only the doors were pretty right. Nothing much in the 'windows' or nose opening were done, and the biggest issue was the 4 times too big bumps that made the model/plane look small...like an Airfix kit.

So ... I redid all the linework as a single pixel at 4096 .... chasing the seams in the model map. 2 weeks later I'm just about done with the fuselage...and better part of 2 days got the rudder openings to make sense...dealing with a right...a reflected left....and a 90% shrunk inner.
    The main, and the bumps are currently 36 layers...so eventually I'll upload the kit for others to mess with...

I like working with models that have 'everything' on one bitmap ....so there's less chasing between pieces. This one's mostly OK, though I haven't even begun to look at the wings yet on separate bitmaps.

At the scale I'm painting you can read the phone number and email addy for 'International Cargo Transporter' [I have an urge to paint one green and put the number '2' on it .... "international Rescue" ...

Next step is mapping seams on the tailplane surfaces and working out what 'scale' they were mapped to the image at ....looks like they were scaled down too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ant 225-3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2