A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: KM P-40Ev5 Kittyhawk RAAF Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Curtiss P-40Ev5 Kittyhawk made by Krystof Malinowski for CFS 2.

I've modified the cockpit glass colour & reduced the model shine. I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe, & provided an E-1 panel option. I developed more payload options in the DP files, one using US Ordnance, the other using UK ordnance. See the ordnance notes for which weapon packs were used.

I changed the fuel tank set up in the airfile, because most marks of P40 could use the 170 USG drop tank for ferry trips, & the original airfile didn't allow for this. I also adjusted section 320 (autopilot) to remove the default 700 fpm loss in altitude when engaging the autopilot.

The textures are: A29-39 "IE" "Adul the Bull", 76 sqn RAAF, NE Australia & Milne Bay, PNG, circa July '42.

A29-90 "IH" "Ming the Merciless", 76 sqn RAAF, Milne Bay, PNG, August '42. This aircraft scored 76 sqn's first kill.

A29-120 "IV" "Peters Revenge", flown by Sqn Ldr Keith "Bluey" Truscott", Milne Bay, PNG, September '42.

A29-136 "N" "Stardust", 75 sqn RAAF, Port Moresby late August '42.

A29-153 "O" "Grace", 75 sqn RAAF, Port Moresby, February '43

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Krystof Malinowski for the original P-40 aircraft series.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KM P-40Ev5 RAAF skinpack UT.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.