they are finished.............

I have always liked the unusual models by Mitsuya Hamaguchi. They look great, wonderful animations and they are just fun.

Years ago the BBC used to broadcast old movies on Saturday afternoon. These were often war movies made not too long after the war. One of the movies I can still remember very well was "Ice cold in Alex". Which had an Austin K2 ambulance called Katy in the leading role. Well actually two Austin K2s as they used an original one for the street and road shots, and they had a modified one on a 4x4 chassis for the desert shots.

So it was more or less logical that I would repaint the wonderful Austin K2 by Hama as the ambulance from the movie.

After a few hours I started to realise that the model and textures were so detailed, that it would take me very long to repaint. After 2 days I already started to regret that I had started and after a week I finally had just finished the first texture which covered most of the external model. But there is no way back so after 9 days I nearly have the basic external paintwork finished. Except the weathering, which will take an additional 2 or 3 days.

After that I need to paint the interior for at least a week.........

Actually, it looked quite nice when it was its original green as well. Why couldn't I just drive the green version? The movie was in black and white. So Katy could even have been RAF gray!

Cheers,
Huub