P3D/FSX DC-6/7 Air Tankers?

Thread: P3D/FSX DC-6/7 Air Tankers?

Threaded View

P3D/FSX DC-6/7 Air Tankers?

I was thinking about this earlier today. There are some fantastic propliners out there of the DC-6 and DC-7 on Cal Classics for P3D/FSX, which is what I've been flying as I fly strictly in P3D v4.5. I know that the JBK v3 DC-4/C-54 tankers (and associated liner and freighter models) have been converted for P3D v4 compatibility fairly recently. But my question is, has anyone seen or thought about doing the air tanker versions of the DC-6 and DC-7 for P3D v4+ (and FSX)? I've personally messed with merging tanks onto some models in modelconverterx for personal use, but I was wondering if someone has thought about it? I mean the liners and freighter versions are great, but the air tanker realm remains largely untouched in that respect. Granted the DC-6s aren't in fire fighting service anymore, but the DC-7 still is. Erickson has 3 of them still flying on fires in the PNW and parts of California. And personally the DC-7 is one of my favorite tankers. Especially in Erickson's new-ish paint scheme. Anyway, I thought this would be a great place to ask about it.

Repaint I'm working on for the Cal Classic DC-7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dc-7.jpg  

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 1