For those interested in the next month I will be uploading another updated version of Jens Kristensens marvellous Shorts S23 or C Class Flying Boats. I will also be including a batch of repaints to cover the Qantas Empire Airways fleet for the S23. I had been researching the aeroplane for non sim reasons and as a result have slowly but surely decided to incorporated a number of new but important small features (via new gauges). The package will be come as four types, the S23 Canopus (The first and prototype S23) the S23 MK1, the S30 LR CABOT and CLARE and MR AWARUA and CLEOPATRA (the Perseus engined S23s with long range tanks known as the Atlantic and Bermuda Boats respectively). There are significant changes to the load systems and layout based on the real aircraft and some minor tweaks to the aircraft config files. There are also a complete new set of sound files which are now modified for 4 engines and are still Pegasus engine sound. I have also updated the user manual and some effects files.

The basic aeroplane remains as Jens built it but is now refined to the point where it is more representative of the original flying boats. Jens did such a great job with the aerodynamics and model that I have found no reason to want to change anything but more time spent with this old bird has increased my appreciation of his work and the aeroplane itself. Cockpit graphics may not be high fidelity but it was a 2004 model originally.

After all how many flying boats could be airborne in 26 seconds with less than 1500 feet take off run at 40,000 lbs to 48000 lbs Take Off Weight, stall at less than 70 knots but cruise along happily at near 160 knots and do that for up to 19 hours non stop - Answer only the S 23.

S23 Camilla on the water at Karumba.

Oh and flight simming at its best - No ATC, No VORS No ILS the odd NDB, No traffic just you and the world about you - perfect.