Brief HU.

Recently, I discovered that all of my post history on this site has disappeared from my page. I don't think it is the fault of admin, possibly a residual effect of precautions against hostile intruders.

That being said, I am unable to track any of my previously posted conversations here. Also, I am severely restricted with a broken Windows OS, resulting from the last upgrade. A new disk is en route, but I will be required to install a new HD...OS, and all software....again.
This has all rendered me radio silent recently.

Hostile AI

"Harm None"

I would be extremely cautious in the cyber communities from here forward.
The dark web has become so pervasive, with exponentially accelerating spawns of bots, AI and other nasties seeking resources to mine "crypto" or troll, it is certainly evident that the web is now losing the relative safety of previous years.

Certain "actors" have no sense of integrity or moral compass when injecting their adversarial creations into the public domain.
IMO, this should be a capital offense, but that's just me thinking out loud.
I have a ton of research archived in this area, but as an example I will cite the MIT "Norman" AI which was recently released into the wild. This particular bot is a psychopathic personality, written by psychopathic idiots at the most prestigious technical institution on the planet.
What that says for MIT or any of the "scholars" who pursue these repugnant endeavors is up to the observer.
http://norman-ai.mit.edu/

My dilemma is, in part, a result of MS and other entities prioritizing their...errrrrr….security above my ability to go quietly about my legitimate business. The result, for me, is that I find myself inevitably nearing the decision to withdraw from the field entirely.

IMHO

G