While working on my Morotai scenery, a member I was communicating with sent me a screen shot of his in-sim Morotai island. Because he had ORBX Base and Global Vector his coastlines looked nothing like my default coastlines. Because I want to make my Morotai compatible with default and ORBX, I purchased Base and global Vector.

Why hadn't I done that sooner?

My computer is over seven years old and is an i5 650 @3.2 with 8 GB Ram and a NVidia 750Ti 2GB. Not screaming fast!!

So I have been developing Morotai with scenery complexity and autogen density all the way too the right with AA and anisotropic filtering, ground shadows with lots of parked AI.

So what you say. I figure if I could get 30 FPS set at 30 with little variation, then those with better machines will be more than all right.

I thought I was able to get those frames at Morotai just because there is not much on Morotai. Seems reasonable.

But what blew me away was without changing my scenery settings I made some flights in the northeast (Pennsylvania and southern New England) and my frames are still in high 20s and the landscape is filled with autogen. It seems with ORBX I am getting better frames with more complexity and more autogen.

Is this the experience of other ORBX users?

Regards,

Joe