Small Graphics problem

Thread: Small Graphics problem

Small Graphics problem

I have been running CFS3 with the BoB add on fine. Now smoke and flame effects are very blocky like pixels. Clouds and everything else are fine.
    Anyone know what may be wrong?
    I run windows 8
    Graphics card is AMD Radeon R3
    Resolution 1600x900 32 bit

The problem seems to come and go.

Thanks in advance

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Oliver,

Not sure what you mean by pixels but one possibility is that you are missing some textures from the Effects/fxtextures folder. As an experiment you could try adding these textures to that folder:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=161&id=18461

See if that works. If not it could still be a case of missing other textures and you could "borrow" textures by copying over contents of fxtextures from another install (but choose not to overwrite, just add ones not already there).

Sometimes I get that when the texture files are not loaded into memory properly. It usually clears itself pretty quickly. At worst it goes away after a mission restart. It's probably related to some other program momentarily tying up too many resources in the background.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps instead of pixels I should have said "blocky" textures for smoke.
    Major, you describe the effect exactly and yes it does tend to clear after a re-start. I will play around as Daiwilletti suggested and see what happens.

Thanks Daiwilletti

I loaded up the textures you linked to and problem solved!

Thanks again

Members who have read this thread: 0