Exploding YAS Spitfire...

Thread: Exploding YAS Spitfire...

Exploding YAS Spitfire...

How do I stop the YAS_MkVb(t)(IRG) from exploding as it plops on to the runway at startup in freeflight?

Is it too hight or to low. Both can cause a "plop" You can see by starting the game and hitting pause the cycle to the out side view.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Hi Browncoat,

the problem is in the airfile, an overview of the original designer that was fixed by one of SOH's members, I believe Sarg Willy.

Sometimes, when preservation efforts here are a tad too respectful of the addon original work, results can be counter-productive. Since I was the one that pushed for YAS Spitfire collection preservation re-upload drive, I forgot to specify YAS_MkVb(t)(IRG) original pack was bugged and needed a fix.

Or I probably took for granted everybody had it, I am sorry.

I am in the process of combing through the CFS2 addon library, to see if this fix was uploaded already to avoid duplication.

If I do not find it, I'll upload the one that was given to me at the time.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

I appreciate it Keltic!

I had the fix at one time, but lost it possibly during my last CFS2 rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hi Browncoat,

the problem is in the airfile, an overview of the original designer that was fixed by one of SOH's members, I believe Sarg Willy.

Sometimes, when preservation efforts here are a tad too respectful of the addon original work, results can be counter-productive. Since I was the one that pushed for YAS Spitfire collection preservation re-upload drive, I forgot to specify YAS_MkVb(t)(IRG) original pack was bugged and needed a fix.

Or I probably took for granted everybody had it, I am sorry.

I am in the process of combing through the CFS2 addon library, to see if this fix was uploaded already to avoid duplication.

If I do not find it, I'll upload the one that was given to me at the time.

KH

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I appreciate it Keltic!

I had the fix at one time, but lost it possibly during my last CFS2 rebuild.
    You are welcome, Browncoat.

Unfortunately, the combing here did not yield anything, I'll upload the fix from my archives a.s.a.p.

KH

S'all good Keltic! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    You are welcome, Browncoat.

Unfortunately, the combing here did not yield anything, I'll upload the fix from my archives a.s.a.p.

KH

Hi Browncoat,

so far I have been unable to locate the original fix sent to me by Sarg Willy. It was a while ago and I do not remember whether I simply installed them replacing the faulty sections and dumped the original, or I did archive the fix away.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I am attaching here a small pack of both Flight Models I have currently installed in my CFS2 MED theatre. One for YAS Malta Spitfire MkVB Trop T-L/T-N and the other for YAS LFVB Trop IR-G.

Aircraft.cfg and airfile for both models, which include all the improvements suggested here in this forum and all the bugs taken care of.
    The T-L/T-N explosion is caused by a combination of bad contact points (aircraft.cfg) and wrong data inside the Flight Dynamics record (Airfile).
    With these two FM you'll also get:

1. increased struts anti-bounce damping ratio, these two Spits tend to bounce a lot on bumpy grounds;
    2. enlarged wheel base to keep them from too easy ground-looping;
    3. extra and revised contact points (Sarg Willy's fix);
    4. historical asymmetrical gear retraction (KH's eye-candy).

Both airfiles derive directly from YAS Spitfire MkVb model flown by Irish ace Brendan "Paddy" Finucane, which Merlin66 made quite hot. You'll love how hot these two Spits will be over Malta skies!

KH
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0