cfsconfig.exe not working on different machine

Thread: cfsconfig.exe not working on different machine

cfsconfig.exe not working on different machine

I moved my version of CFS3 (with 3.1 and 3.1a updates) to another machine by backing up all the CFS3 related folders and then pasting them to same named locations on the 2nd computer.
    Everything appeared to be OK until I ran the cfs3config.exe file to reset the video settings to the different video card in the 2nd computer. It is my understanding that this reads the upper and lower values of the installed video card and stores them in a new configoverrides.xml file so that the CFS3 game adapts to the different video card.
    However, when I run cfs3config.exe it gives me a warning window that it stopped running and doesn't create the new configoverrides.xml file.
    Then if I go ahead and try to run the game, it will not run.
    Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Where to buy CFS3 Battle in Europe?

I guess my only solution to the problem is to purchase a new CFS3 CD-ROM package and install it to see if it solves the problem. I notice when googling for a place to buy, there are some versions listed as “by UBISOFT” and others, even though Microsoft developed the game. What is the difference between these “other” versions and the original MS version? Which one do you recommend I buy? Best source to buy from?

Quote Originally Posted by jellis00 View Post
    I moved my version of CFS3 (with 3.1 and 3.1a updates) to another machine by backing up all the CFS3 related folders and then pasting them to same named locations on the 2nd computer.
    Everything appeared to be OK until I ran the cfs3config.exe file to reset the video settings to the different video card in the 2nd computer. It is my understanding that this reads the upper and lower values of the installed video card and stores them in a new configoverrides.xml file so that the CFS3 game adapts to the different video card.
    However, when I run cfs3config.exe it gives me a warning window that it stopped running and doesn't create the new configoverrides.xml file.
    Then if I go ahead and try to run the game, it will not run.
    Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
    A bit more information about what windows version etc would be required to answer your question.

Members who have read this thread: 0