DCS world 1.5 and 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCS world 1.5 and 2

New 2.5 shot from Wags in Rocky terrain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rock Test.jpg  

Patrick

Few more Caucuses in 2.5

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MapUpdate3.jpg   MapUpdate4.jpg   MapUpdate1.jpg   MapUpdate2.jpg  

Patrick

New Expolsions WIP

Patrick

***NEW WINTER 2.5 SHOTS WIP***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails W1.jpg   W2.jpg   W3.jpg   W4.jpg  

Patrick

1.5 TO 2.5 Comparison
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f3443231-0d01-421c-811c-2d555ef836d4.jpg  

Patrick

DCS World 2.5 weeks away!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D0.jpg   D1.jpg   D2.jpg  

Patrick

A few more.....................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D3.jpg   D4.jpg   D5.jpg  

Patrick

***2.5 SHOTS**WIP**"For the updated Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5, we’ve spent a LOT of time and effort to add a lot more detail to the world. In fact, we are right against the edge of what our system memory specification can handle. This is particularly true from lower altitudes where it is more easy to see these details. This is why most of our updated Caucasus map images to date have been from lower altitudes. For today, we’d like to show off how the map looks from a nose-bleed altitudes of 20,000 feet. The biggest changes from the 1.5 map you may note are the terrain projected shadows, realistic haze, view distances, forest rendering distances and coverage, and the improved elevation mesh resolution (no more pyramid mountains)."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.5.20k-2.jpg   2.5.20k-4.jpg   2.5.20k-6.jpg   2.5.20k-1.jpg  

Patrick

New Campaign available for The P-51 and Normandy Map.

Patrick

A word from Wags concerning DCS World 2.5 and VR........"One of the questions we regularly get is how the updated Caucasus map will perform in VR. Generally, we/I am very hesitant to remark on expected performance because of the huge number of factors that can affect this. We have seen many cases of people having almost the exact same hardware, but experience greatly varying performance.

As such, I can only comment on how it performs for me, and this may or may not reflect your experience.

When flying today in the updated map in the Hornet, I spent much of it screaming down heavily wooded river valleys, with the occasional pop-ups to higher altitudes. Graphics setting was the default HIGH with tree rendering distance to set maximum and the visib range setting at HIGH. Pixel Density was set to 1.5. During all times, the FPS never dipped below 45 for a very smooth "space warp" experience.

Hope this helps. "

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0