DCS world 1.5 and 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCS world 1.5 and 2

DCS world 1.5 and 2

Okay so I downloaded DCS world 2 and Nevada, not realising that it doesn't contain the Caucusus region. My question is, is it possible to have access to both DCS world 1.5 and 2 with one installation, and one drive?

David.

DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 are separate installations. You should be able to get both installers from the DCS World website.

Nevada is basically the only terrain in version 2, which means it needs to be purchased to even be able to use version 2.

The developers are currently in the process of combining the separate versions, which will mean that the Caucuses (an improved version) will be available to use in Version 2, along with all of the 1.5 aircraft, missions etc.

Here is the installer for V1.5

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co.../world/stable/

You can have V1.5 and V2 installed on the same system/drive. I actually have those two and V1.5 Beta still installed also.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 are separate installations. You should be able to get both installers from the DCS World website.

Nevada is basically the only terrain in version 2, which means it needs to be purchased to even be able to use version 2.

The developers are currently in the process of combining the separate versions, which will mean that the Caucuses (an improved version) will be available to use in Version 2, along with all of the 1.5 aircraft, missions etc.

Here is the installer for V1.5

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co.../world/stable/

You can have V1.5 and V2 installed on the same system/drive. I actually have those two and V1.5 Beta still installed also.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the quick reply, I pre-ordered the A-10C beta and so got the Nevada terrain included, although I did at one point wonder if they would ever complete it! Glad they did though, it's beautiful.

I will download DCS world 1.5, and run them side by side until they merge.

DCS are working hard to combine 1.5 and 2.0.They listed it as a priority in the last update,It will be called DCS 2.5

Patrick

Excellent news! LLLove that DCS!

Some comparison between DCS World 1.5.4 and WIP DCS World 2.5

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2559x2889.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2558x2882.

Patrick

New shots of Normandy Map and DCS 2.5

Patrick

WIP Update...........

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map Update

A key part of bringing the NTTR map out of early access is fleshing out the number of airfields, towns, and landmarks. As for the airfields, we are adding several new military and civilian locations to operate from:
    • Tonopah Test and Training Range (TTR) Airfield
    • Pahute Mesa Airstrip
    • Mellan Airstrip
    • Mina Airstrip
    • Tonopah Airport
    • Beatty Airport
    • Lincoln County Airport
    • Mesquite Airport
    • Echo Bay Airport
    • North Las Vegas Airport
    • Henderson Executive Airport
    • Boulder City Municipal Airport
    • Jean Airport
    • Laughlin Airport

Not only do these new airfields provide a wealth of new possibilities for single player missions, they also provides much greater distances between airfields (Tonopah to Laughlin for example) for multiplayer matches. Progress on the updated map is going well and we expect to release later in 2016.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1403x791.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1403x791.

Patrick

**update**
    More DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Images
    Today we have images of several other new airfields coming to the Nevada map. Work is proceeding well with most of the remaining work on AI pathing and work on the Tonopah Test and Training Range airfield.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1920x1080.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1920x1080.

Patrick

**Update**
    This weekend we have a final set of images from the big update coming for the Nevada map. This final set of images give you a look at Beatty Airport, Mina Airstrip, Echo Bay Airstrip, and the Tonopah Test and Training Range (TTR) Airfield.

Work continues on this big update with emphasis on new airfield AI pathing, runway adjustments, completing the TTR airfield buildings, and some other items to resolve before release later this year.

Patrick

NORMANDY WIP

Patrick

NORMANDY UPDATE.......
    "DCS: World War II Update

Our DCS: World War II set of products progress with the Spitfire making great progress and the Normandy map nearing completion. An important aspect of creating the Normandy map is also creating a set of period-appropriate units to populate the map. This includes both Allied and Axis units that span both military and civilian unit types.

For this weekend’s update, we offer you an early look at a few of these new ground units.

Patrick

One more

Patrick

Man; you're making it difficult. I am trying not to get in to DCS WW2, as I have so many other sims for WW2 combat and flying, and as I have so many modern modules already for DCS.

But these pics.....

Hello Scott,Sorry buddy,I just can't help myselfI get so excited about this DCS stuff! It feels like back in the day when Oleg Maddox himself used to give **Pacific Fighters** updates for the original IL*2[Ya I'm that OLD]Hehe!!! Here's some DCS News from this week.....

Patrick

Hey. Nah, that's OK I understand. I get pretty excited about DCS World too. It took me a while to get in to DCS World, even though I had Lock On and Flaming Cliffs. Even when I started getting a few modules in sales I still didn't install the sim and modules for ages. I must have had my A-10C box sitting on the shelf for about two years. Once I actually started using it and learning the aircraft though; well let's just say I'm hooked. Since I bought the HOTAS Warthog controller I have been totally addicted to DCS World. I still can't get enough of the A-10, although I make sure to use all the other modules too. In fact I think I was flying the Mig-15 before I installed the A-10, and was hooked on that and the Sabre for ages.

Trouble is, between FSX, P3D, (and work and sleep), I can hardly find the time to fly as much in DCS as I want to. I am currently really enjoying the A-10C Red Flag campaign though. I am not doing much scenery design for FSX/P3D atm because I am enjoying myself too much actually flying.

Cheers,

Scott,I know what you mean but I have a cure.....Oculas Rift......Once you try DCS in VR you'll be hooked like a Big fish in a small pond.The Cockpits are beyond incredible and the immersion increases 100000000 fold.I also get up early before work and fly a quick mission,helps me get through my day

Patrick

LOL. Oh; I know Patrick. I have a Rift too, and I AM hooked.

You're right, the immersion is incredible. The first time I flew in the Rift was in the DCS Hawk, and that was also the first time I had flown that plane. What a moment! I just love the sense of scale in the Rift. I once just shadowed a C-17 for about an hour, just mesmerised by it .

Cheers,
    Last edited by scotth6; October 4th, 2016 at 03:27.

Hehe!!! Right On ScottI've become a real "RotorHead" since The Rift.....Flying The PolyChop Gazelle at tree top level through valley's and landing on ships and Oil Rigs is The best immersion I've had in my 25+ yrs in Flight Sims.I once reached my arm out to hold my desk where my PC is located so I could "Brace" myself before a Crash!!! haha!! My brain was fooled to that point!!! Incredible!!

Patrick

***Normandy Update***
    "
    DCS: World War II Update

Last week we showed off some images of a few new ground units coming to DCS World to support the period Normandy map. Today though we’d like to show off some of the new aircraft and ground units operating in their native environment. We hope you enjoy them.

Patrick

***Update 10/14/2016***
    New DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map Images

The last big feature is now added to the Nevada map update: the Tonopah Test and Training Range (TTR) Airfield. We consider this the cornerstone of the update. Not only does the TTR airfield act as a divert airfield for Red Flag exercises, it was also home to the Red Eagles (Soviet fighters flown by US aircrews) and the F-117 stealth strike aircraft.

This airfield also greatly extends flight distances between airfields; a common request from our online players.

Today we offer a pair images of the TTR airfield.

***Update 10/14/2016***
    DCS: World War II, Normandy Map Update

We are also making great progress with the Normandy map, a chief part of which is creating the many period units to populate the map. Today we offer pair first-look images of famous German heavy tank Tiger what we have created for this new map.

Patrick

Sabre competition coming with DCS 2.5

Patrick

Some comparison shots between 1.57 and 2.5 Caucasus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cac1.jpg   cac2.jpg   cac3.jpg  

Patrick

.....few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cac4.jpg   cac5.jpg   cac6.jpg  

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0