Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 18
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Thanks Gary. I just started the download from Simviation, and that said 7 hours! I will try the FlightsimNorway link.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thank you very much Henrik, I can't wait to install this new version.

By the way, I dloaded a copy from flightsimnorway.com. I averaged right around 12-13 mb/s dload speed.

Thank you again

Ship

Thank´s for the new " Fleet"

Thanks a lot, Heinrik, it is a pleasure to see my ships sailing the seas with so many others. Great job

Wonderful work thank you very much.

Point of interest, Simviation quoted 6 hours to d/l, FSNorway site 4 mins. I went the Norway route.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Thanks a lot, Heinrik, it is a pleasure to see my ships sailing the seas with so many others. Great job
    Muchas gracias por dejarme utilisarlos

Thanks for letting me use them - suddenly Australia got a great lift with half the Australian Navy included thanks to you and not to forgetting all your Spanish Navy units. Also your Knox class serves both the Taiwaneese, the Thai and the Egyptian navy and your OHP Class now also sails under Pakistan's flag.

To those frustrated with the download speed at simviation I have also sent the files to avsim.com and flightsim.com however, I have had troubles uploading directly to these two sites so please be patient.

It took me a few hours to download it from Simviation. Looks quite amazing! I had a earlier version installed a couple years back, but remembered I had a lot of problems, trying to uninstall it. The instructions for installation seem a little complicated. Is there a way to install it so my P3DV4 build is not affected if I need to uninstall the add-on? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    It took me a few hours to download it from Simviation. Looks quite amazing! I had a earlier version installed a couple years back, but remembered I had a lot of problems, trying to uninstall it. The instructions for installation seem a little complicated. Is there a way to install it so my P3DV4 build is not affected if I need to uninstall the add-on? Thanks, NC
    I hope some of the other users can help you giving some advise for an xml file, which is the method to use if you want to be able to uninstall easily - it is the third option in the installation guide, however it depends on which drive you want to use for the installation - one of the beta testers - Knud - has it installed on his H-drive with the following xml

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V2</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Global AI Shipping by Henrik Nielsen</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>h:\Global AI Ship Traffic V2\SimObjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>h:\Global AI Ship Traffic V2\SimObjects\Animals</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>h:\Global AI Ship Traffic V2\Scenery\World\Scenery</Path>
    <Name>Global AI shipping traffic</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>h:\Global AI Ship Traffic V2\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>h:\Global AI Ship Traffic V2\Sound</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

I do not use this method my self - I have everything copied into the standard folders, which is annoying for removal but is quick and dirty for installation - 30 seconds to copy the four folders from the zip and drop them in the sim, but I am also still stuck on P3Dv3 waiting for a new PC an starting everything from scratch....

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Thank you for this living sea....

Hi kl791

a big Thank you for your hard work during the last years. The result - in my opinion one of the best addons for our simulators.
    It´s unpossible to imagine the simulator without your living sea!

A short trip to the waters around Faslane on Clyde/Gare Loch and I could already seek out the HMS Vanguard...

A few miles south ....yes - traffic...

...some more miles south suddenly german Sailors...

... I think there is a lot to discover in the FSX seas...

Many greetings

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-9-22_11-46-57-275.jpg   2019-9-22_11-49-44-284.jpg   2019-9-22_11-54-45-956.jpg  

Nice shots Rick I got quite some request to increase the traffic in the sea between the Uk and Ireland - now there are ferries crossing, naval exercises with subs and aircraft carriers, and even Ocean Races - both a "mini" Fastnet Race and the Volvo Ocean Race.

Henrik and associates, a heartfelt thank you and appreciation for your continued efforts on what is undoubtedly one of the greatest
    freeware flightsim addons of all time. Incredible work. The virtual seas have never looked better.

SimV is my source of last resort because of the speed, but fortunately the process at FSNorway was painless and reasonably quick. A couple of abortive tries, probably due to the hordes grabbing the file, but switching to the second server got it done in a few minutes.

Thank you Henrik, et al, for this labour of love. The additional ships and routes will only make it better than what I've enjoyed with V.1. Using LittleNavMap makes it easy to see what might be in the area worth investigating... most recently, off the coast of New England:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1197238

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Excellent release Henrik! Many thanks!

Blog Entries
    Many thanks
    Henrik and everyone who has contributed to this, it's a fantastic addon.

Again, many thanks,
    Ian

Not about to go the Simviation route, but having tried FS Norway the download starts fast but slows to a crawl after 300 or so MB then fails.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Not about to go the Simviation route, but having tried FS Norway the download starts fast but slows to a crawl after 300 or so MB then fails.
    If you click the server B button at the bottom of the flightsimnorway you will get a somewhat slower 2mb/s connection but it is stable. Flightsimnorway has had a tremendous increase in traffic as it so far despite mails to both avsim and flightsim.com has not been possible to upload there, so the Norwegian site moved more than a terrabyte in 24 hours

I went with the simviation download when it was first available. Started it at the end of the night and it was waiting for me the next morning. No time lost. All is good.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I went with the simviation download when it was first available. Started it at the end of the night and it was waiting for me the next morning. No time lost. All is good.
    Thanks I guess this weekend it should be a bit easier - less pressure on the connection at flightsimnorway also.

For those thinking about a nice little flight for a summer evening I would recommend a trip from Sandefjord Torp in Norway departing around 19:50 local time in summer (17:50 GMT) towards the Southwest to coast near Nevlunghavn where a Tall Ship Race departs around 20:00 local time (18:00 GMT) - the return can go North above the Oslo fjord

Cruise ship Boreal in the evening light on the Oslo Fjord

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19092808215916112916428363.jpg   19092809102316112916428409.jpg  

With the latest package uploaded, it is time to continue on an old idea - classic shipping - and with the below model time has turned back 37 years to 1982 and the time of the Falkland War. Still some work to do including adding a hard deck and a bunch of Harriers and Chinooks.

The Global Shipping package includes a lot of classic ships both navy and civilian, some of them are still sailing today and thus activated on routes in the package, others are "dormant" in the package e.g. several Royal Navy ships from the eighties - now some more will be added covering the period from the late sixties to the early eighties in other words, the ships I used to see when I was a kid and took my bicycle down to the harbour.

HMS Ambuscade which sailed with Atlantic Conveyor, when it was attacked in the Southern Atlantic

HMS Broadsword, another Falkland veteran.

The intention is also to do a version of HMS Hermes, but I still haven't found good detailed drawings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19102701260616112916479903.jpg   19102701401616112916479910.jpg   19102701435516112916479913.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

HMS Hermes drawings

Hi kl791

may be these sites can help ?

http://www.seaforces.org/marint/Roya...HMS-Hermes.htm
    http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/5179

Greetings RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hermes.jpg  

Thanks Rick,

I hadn't seen the seaforces site - nice pictures there I wonder if I should invest in the Jecobin plan - there are quite some details to model on that ship. No easy to model stealth design...

Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Thanks Rick,

I hadn't seen the seaforces site - nice pictures there I wonder if I should invest in the Jecobin plan - there are quite some details to model on that ship. No easy to model stealth design...

Henrik
    I had started on Hermes a while back using a set of plans I had (before I got distracted and moved onto other things). Before you go buying up any plans.....let me have a dig on a hard drive...if I’ve still got them I’ll send them on to you.

cheers
    Gaz

Hi
    That would be fantastic if you still have them. Since we wrote together last time I managed to find some decent plans of the Round Table class, so that one i will reinitialize. On an Argentinian site I also found an original GA plan for the Type 42 in case you would like that one.
    Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Hi
    That would be fantastic if you still have them. Since we wrote together last time I managed to find some decent plans of the Round Table class, so that one i will reinitialize. On an Argentinian site I also found an original GA plan for the Type 42 in case you would like that one.
    Henrik
    Hi Henrik,

Check your PMs a set of plans for Hermes should come through...they aren't great as they are sectioned up (I got photocopies from a modelmaker who was building Hermes)...I 'welded' the individual images together in photoshop to get a sort-of complete plan. I can't find my welded image but i've sent you the original set - hopefully these might help.

Type 42 plans would help to double check what i've built so far especially if they have the complete hull:

And i've got something else in the pipeline:

All the best,

Gary

Members who have read this thread: 15