Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16181920212223242526

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    If one has not said so before - amazing package of vessels - a prodigous effort. Thank you!

Now a slight problem with wakes in P3DV5. I noted the advice in the preceding blogs about checking the wake.fx files and entries. I have done that thoroughly all comply and all the LM wake files are also good. But I am still getting this vertical wake - but only on some ships not all - it almost random. Because if I indentify the vessel and check the wave file it is ok. Any ideas. Oh yes, I also did a complete reinstall with fresh downloads and have no other maritime traffic or AI excepting what may have been there by default.

Pic 1 one ship has correct wake one does not

Pic 2 typical vertical wake
    Its typical issue with missing entry in model cfg. Its not a wave effect issue but cfg file of the model.
    But its an FSX corner, you asking about Ultra water in P3Dv5. For FSX no any issue like this.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Gearing Fram I

I have modified your Gearings as Fram I. Two types served the Armada. Could it be interesting to include them in the package?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D61-Churruca.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	82391

Name:	D65-Blas-de-Lezo.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	82390

Blog Entries
    Anyone noticed that with HMS Fearless, there's an oddity with the wake and smoke?

It's as if the bow wake and smoke are shifted aft, roughly a ship's length or so.

Am seeing this in P3DV4.5.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Anyone noticed that with HMS Fearless, there's an oddity with the wake and smoke?

It's as if the bow wake and smoke are shifted aft, roughly a ship's length or so.

Am seeing this in P3DV4.5.

cheers,

dl
    From testing of Earl Watkins' "Adams" Class destroyer in P3D v4 we (Team SDB) found that P3D doesn't handle coordinates in effects the same as FSX. In fact it seemed that it didn't at all. So we had to change the attachment point of the two smoke effects to be at the individual smoke stacks rather than a single point with the offset built into the effect. We made the adjustment using MCX. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    From testing of Earl Watkins' "Adams" Class destroyer in P3D v4 we (Team SDB) found that P3D doesn't handle coordinates in effects the same as FSX. In fact it seemed that it didn't at all. So we had to change the attachment point of the two smoke effects to be at the individual smoke stacks rather than a single point with the offset built into the effect. We made the adjustment using MCX. Hope this helps.
    So the solution for P3D is that this needs to be changed in the model with MCX?

Yikes. Any tutorials on how to do this?

thx,

dl

Blog Entries
    Update - again, apologies this in the FSX thread, but it's clearly the active thread on this topic.

I'm noticing some real weirdness RAN HMAS Melbourne, with the forward wake, lights-basically all the effects are shifted forward almost a ship's length.

Will this need to be edited in MCX too? This is a more recent ship than the Fearless, so I'm surprised that it, having been for the P3D pack, had issues.

Thoughts?

thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    I have modified your Gearings as Fram I. Two types served the Armada. Could it be interesting to include them in the package?

Name:	D61-Churruca.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	82391

Name:	D65-Blas-de-Lezo.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	82390
    Of course I would like to include them

I might also want to remodify them with other navy textures as this version was present almost all over in the sixties, seventies and early eighties.

Update - again, apologies this in the FSX thread, but it's clearly the active thread on this topic.

I'm noticing some real weirdness RAN HMAS Melbourne, with the forward wake, lights-basically all the effects are shifted forward almost a ship's length.

Will this need to be edited in MCX too? This is a more recent ship than the Fearless, so I'm surprised that it, having been for the P3D pack, had issues.

Thoughts?

thanks,

dl
    I will have a look at it - but are you with the stand alone version here from SOH or with the version included in the Global AI Ship Traffic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    I will have a look at it - but are you with the stand alone version here from SOH or with the version included in the Global AI Ship Traffic?
    Hi Henrik,

I got mine from the Global Pack.

Thanks for looking into this.

Blog Entries
    Hi Henrik,

I got mine from the Global Pack.

Thanks for looking into this.
    Actually - I found my problem.

After tearing my hair out learning MCX and trying to reposition effects wouldn't "move" - I discovered the issue.

First, I realized in some (many?) of your boats, it looks you've baked in other effects into your wake, such as smoke and lights. I realized this when tried substituting the default wake on the Melbourne with another from one of the HMS destroyer classes. When I reverted back to the default you intended, the weirdness went away.

So in effect, there is no issue per se with your vessels.

That all said, somewhere along the line of installing all the new vessels, my "default" wakes that come with the P3D sim seem to now be corrupt, or they've somehow gotten overwritten by an older/uncompatible version. These include fx_wake_m, wake = fx_wake_l, fx_wake_s, so far as I checked - there may be others. The problem is hard to describe, and it's not the "vertical" wake problem - but rather the wake emanate in strange white 3D wisps above the surface level and extend aft, above the water, instead of staying flat to the water surface.

In particular, since the Melbourne calls for wake = fx_wake_m, and it being messed up as explained above, I sought to replace it, and discovered that what I need is a simple flat wake, not the more complex "wake+smoke+lights" type effects that boats in your big pack typically come with.

So I guess, if someone knows that their default P3Dv4 stock wakes still work correctly, and either a) know where to download those wakes, or b) is willing to post those three wakes (fx_wake_m, wake = fx_wake_l, fx_wake_s) as attachments, I'd be much obliged, as mine seem to be irreparably damaged somehow.

Thanks, and (self-induced) frustration aside, I've learned a lot about how these ship models are integrated with effects, and how to tweak. I might end up tweaking some more as I learn.

cheers,

dl

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks expat!!!!

Unfortunately, it looks like it wasn't the state of my wakes. Substituting those you just posted gave the same wispy nearly non-existent wake. And I tried that same wake (fx_wake_m) on another ship, and it gave the same results. Maybe it's the texture associated with the effect, don't know.

Here's a shot of the HMAS Melbourne. Stock sim.cfg, stock effect. Notice all that presents is the wispy bits near the front, and no actual wake emanating from the middle/rear of the boat.

Name:	2021-4-18_9-45-17-440.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	82423

Ideas appreciated.

dl

Members who have read this thread: 12