Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 14
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Question

Hey kl791
    a few questions:

a) Where do I find on this site your previous builds?

b) Say did you ever do a Halifax-classfrigate? Seems to me the modern Royal Canadian Navy needs representation in FSX/P3D stat!

c) You have done a Queen Elizabeth-class carrier, right? Goes good with your Royal Navy destroyer & HMS Ocean.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Hey kl791
    a few questions:

a) Where do I find on this site your previous builds?

b) Say did you ever do a Halifax-classfrigate? Seems to me the modern Royal Canadian Navy needs representation in FSX/P3D stat!

c) You have done a Queen Elizabeth-class carrier, right? Goes good with your Royal Navy destroyer & HMS Ocean.

Thanks!
    Hi
    You will need to download from www.avsim.com or www.simviation.com or www.flightsimnorway.com - I have not uploaded here, simply because it is often time consuming to upload and keep updating on too many sites.

Look for:

Global AI Ship Traffic V1
    200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2

There is actually a Halifax class frigate include already in the main package Global AI Ship Traffic V1 - done by Jean-Pierre Fillion.

No, I haven't done a Queen Elizabeth class carrier - you might look for the one by CIMOGT - however, the next update will have quite a lot of Royal Navy units - Type 45 destroyers, Type 21 frigates, HMS Ocean, HMS Illustrious, and if time allows also the Round Table class and maybe even more... That adds to HMS Forth and the Type 23 and the Broadsword class already included. We are moving well beyond 1000 ships now...

And ps... if some of you knows of good illustrations of the night illumination of the HMS Ocean it would be highly appreciated - it is the last detail missing.

Excelent

excellent work continues forward is a huge amount of ships ˇˇ

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    And ps... if some of you knows of good illustrations of the night illumination of the HMS Ocean it would be highly appreciated - it is the last detail missing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ocean4.jpg   ocean2.jpg   ocean1.jpg  

After more or less a month of modelling the HMS Ocean / PHM Atlantico is making her debut in the sim...

Thanks for the pictures with the night illumination

You and I have been working on the same thing Henrik!

Still - I think your Oceans better than mine.....This model will be retired when your next package comes out rather than rework the prop shaft and rudders! (They are too high on the hull)

Cheers
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    You and I have been working on the same thing Henrik!

Still - I think your Oceans better than mine.....This model will be retired when your next package comes out rather than rework the prop shaft and rudders! (They are too high on the hull)

Cheers
    Gaz
    With all the ships we could be doing this is a pitty. But I was asked by a Brazilian to do their new flagahip... But it looks like yours have helicopters on deck? So maybe we should join forces on this one also as I haveń't any relevant helicopter models...

A suggestion re: HMS Ocean model

Please consider on the HMS Ocean having Apache choppers on it. Here's a good read why: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CJHWU..._mzgQBbRJY72GZ , Apaches Over Libya. Yup, in the 2011 campaign to remove Qaadafi the Brits sent Apaches from the HMS Ocean to do some strikes.

Both are great models, I wish I could make something with that quality level. Magnificent works

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Both are great models, I wish I could make something with that quality level. Magnificent works
    Don't knock your abilities. Your ship models are some of the most downloaded in the library. They certainly hold pride of place on my hard drive!

👍

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Don't knock your abilities. Your ship models are some of the most downloaded in the library. They certainly hold pride of place on my hard drive!

Gaz
    I second that comment Being able to add your Spanish navy units to the Global AI Ship Traffic was a great plus!

I second that comment Being able to add your Spanish navy units to the Global AI Ship Traffic was a great plus!
    Thanks a lot. Fortunately there is an increasing number of high quality ship designers and a lot of great models available. And Simouthouse is nowadays the best place to find most of them

For those interested in testing - below a link to the Beta of the HMS Ocean and PHM Atlantico. No routes are included nor any instructions so you will be on your own for the installation. And the illumination is still only texture based.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0rafgk8r...q7MTJl9_a?dl=0

If you download - please post eventual screenshots and comments here.

Thanks, very nice models.
    I'm just beginning to work with them in AICarriers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    That was fast Please let me hear your comments - still possible to improve/add/remove.

Just to help, I only miss the plate with the name of the brazilian ship (Atlantico) over the coat of arms placed on the starboard side of the island.

A great and detalied work, thanks a lot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin título.jpg   A140.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Just to help, I only miss the plate with the name of the brazilian ship (Atlantico) over the coat of arms placed on the starboard side of the island.

A great and detalied work, thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot - the name plate is actually on the texture sheet, but I just forgot to add it - will be done

thanks

Great job, thanks

For those interested in testing - below a link to the Beta of the HMS Ocean and PHM Atlantico. No routes are included nor any instructions so you will be on your own for the installation. And the illumination is still only texture based.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0rafgk8r...q7MTJl9_a?dl=0

If you download - please post eventual screenshots and comments here.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

She is a beauty....

Yes... this ship is a beauty....
    ... and will be a inherent part of my FSX fleet.

On the way to the HMS Ocean...

...ready to land...

...done..

Thank you for your great work!

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-30_9-58-11-338.jpg   2018-9-30_9-58-23-375.jpg   2018-9-30_10-1-3-131.jpg   2018-9-30_10-2-3-181.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Yes... this ship is a beauty....
    ... and will be a inherent part of my FSX fleet.

On the way to the HMS Ocean...

...ready to land...

...done..

Thank you for your great work!

RS
    Great screenshots there!!! Thanks for the feedback - it is highly appreciated.

Next up... Type 56 corvette of the Chinese Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    is it possible for someone to show the AI Carriers entry syntax as I can't get mine to show up , keep getting a "object not found " warning , thanks

Exclamation

I think, maybe, your trouble may be a space, believe it or not.

The syntax looks like this:

[formation.2]
    title=Lone cruiser
    unit.0=CG-49, 0, 0

Look on the unit.X= line. Note that there's no space between the 9 in CG-49, and the comma following it.
    I've found that a space there can cause what you're experiencing. I won't swear that spaces between the spacial coordinate numbers and their comma's won't have the same effect, but I'm not certain of that. Note that there also is not a space between the unit.X= and the ship's title.

Another thing to take note of is that the ships designator following the = sign MUST be exactly, preceisely, as it appears in the ship's sim.cfg file in the sim's Simobjects\Boats folder. Just as an example (and it doesn't match my previous example, sorry) is:

[fltsim.0]
    title=SS-581_USS_Blueback
    model=
    texture=

Note the Title= line. The entry in the AICarriers.cfg file, or whatever .cfg file you use (I'll get to that in a second), must be an exact copy of that. I always use the copy-n-paste system to ensure I get them right.

As to .cfg files: It's a BAD idea, IMHO to keep adding more and more entries into the original, basic, aicarriers.cfg file. Why, you may ask?
    I am glad you asked. If you keep adding more and more [formation.X] entries into your original aicarriers.cfg file that came with the download, it will very quickly become so long as to be unusable. You will end up having to search through page after page of the menu in the sim to find the Formation you want. Takes a rediculous length of time.
    What you want to do is create new .cfg files for each set of formations (which can also mean a single ship, btw) you will want to use. Like for example, a .cfg file for all your Nimitz boats, one for all your Soviet carriers, one for the WWII type carriers, etc etc. Store all the different .cfg files in a folder under the AICarriers\conf.d folder. Like ...\AICarriers\conf.d\Store, or whatever you want to call it. Then, you can place the .cfg file you want to use into the conf.d folder, and when you want to use a different one, just remove the one in the conf.d folder, and copy another one into the conf.d folder. Less is better, in this case.
    Don't MOVE .cfg files into the conf.d folder, COPY them in there from your sub-folder. That way, when you go to change them out, you can just delete the one in the conf.d folder, and copy-n-paste another in there.

Hope this helps a little get you started using AICarriers.
    I hope you're using AICarriers.NET, not the original, JAVA based version, by the way...

Have fun with it!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 15