Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 8
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    You would need to decompile the MDL and open it with e.g. GMAX and then add what you want and compile again...
    Ouch, Ok, thanks..

Any chance of a Stenaline route from Frederikshavn to Oslo?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Next idea, shipwrecks :

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Shipwrecks are eerily beautiful and would make exploring the coasts of the planet a lot more fun, but I figure it's too much of a niche to warrant the development effort.

But there's still the photos of the real ones:
    http://www.lovethesepics.com/2012/09...ng-shipwrecks/

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Shipwrecks are eerily beautiful and would make exploring the coasts of the planet a lot more fun, but I figure it's too much of a niche to warrant the development effort.

But there's still the photos of the real ones:
    http://www.lovethesepics.com/2012/09...ng-shipwrecks/
    Wow, this is nice photo, like liner Flying Dutchman. Yep, it could be nice idea to "search, find and explore" kind missions....

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wakes that go vertical in P3D V3.4

The solution is
    "open the effects fx_wake_s, fx_wake_ss, and fx_wake_l with notepad and check if they contain the parameter:

TempK=107.00
    TempRate=0.01

or

TempK=109.00
    TempRate=0.01

both will provoke that wakes rise to the sky and they are not a part of a normal fsx wake effect.
    You can edit them out with notepad, or if you have a back-up overwirte them with the original wake effects.

Hi Dave,
    Sorry for late reply but I have been working in China lately where Sim-outhouse isn't accesible... Well, the net is there for a reason... and behind that you see a bit of laziness...

On the next model I haven't been that lazy. The French and Morocan Floreal class with five different versions. The Panther is provided by Bernard Juniot.

Have you thought of maybe a few small release collections..?
    Would love to see this and that carrier in AI Carriers...

Ahoy Seahawk, first Bravo and Well Done! wonderful effort. Having first gone to sea before the container age, the new styles and types of ships are a shock for me, as I have not been at sea for some decades now. But i greatly admire and appreciate your effort it is one of the most significant expansions of the FSX virtual world yet achieved, similar to the AI Passenger and Freight Plane traffic developed for FS9. Thank you.

it will be an eye opener for me to explore your new nautical world...wonderful work and thanks again.

Awarded with Gratitude and Appreciation

An Old Salt not getting any younger
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    Ahoy Seahawk, first Bravo and Well Done! wonderful effort. Having first gone to sea before the container age, the new styles and types of ships are a shock for me, as I have not been at sea for some decades now. But i greatly admire and appreciate your effort it is one of the most significant expansions of the FSX virtual world yet achieved, similar to the AI Passenger and Freight Plane traffic developed for FS9. Thank you.

it will be an eye opener for me to explore your new nautical world...wonderful work and thanks again.

Awarded with Gratitude and Appreciation

An Old Salt not getting any younger

Hi CrisGer,
    I am only an admirer like yourself.
    Most of these incredible ships and impressive amount of work belong to "kl791".
    He is deserving of your praise and my heartfelt thanks.

Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Have you thought of maybe a few small release collections..?
    Would love to see this and that carrier in AI Carriers...
    You can download the carrier (Príncipe de Asturias) here at SOH (FSX ship downloads)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&pp=20&sort=h

A high resolution deck is also available

Safe landings!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cubiertaPDA.jpg  

Water Drain Effect

Does any one know of of an "effect" that looks like water pouring from an overboard discharge..?
    I found one, (fx_dss_ddg_drain.fx) but its pouring in the wrong direction...

After some time in China where SOH is apparently banned, here are some screendumps with work-in-progress

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17102905343616112915345095.jpg   17102905342016112915345094.jpg   17110709415516112915358841.jpg   17110709481416112915358848.jpg   17100805420116112915307031.jpg  

and some more....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17100805420116112915307031.jpg   17101507304416112915318696.jpg   17100104134416112915296694.jpg  

Really nice Henrik!

I still owe you those "Whales" data. Will get to it asap.

SOH-CM-2023
    I have a suggestion for a future update. How about the Crab fleet out of Dutch Harbor AK? Would be kinda cool to see them heading out and back.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Really nice Henrik!

I still owe you those "Whales" data. Will get to it asap.
    Thanks - I will head back to China next Sunday so it would be great if you can send it before - it can keep me entertained in the evenings in the hôtels And regards to the Valemax, I found the Vale Brasil in Significant Ships, so that one will be next - i would like to have at least 7 of the big ones to do routes with new models every day. I am working with a Brazilian designer who is doing Vale's Ponta Madeira port and Sao Luis, and it was possible to identify Berge Stahl and the China Steel Succes as some of the ships present on the photoreal - that gave the topdown view. Not 100% precise but absolutely okay for the illusion. I have tried to increase the detail level a bit on the deck as both types will serve as helicopter landing pads - I even put a full hard deck on Berge Stahl for ultralights

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17110805373016112915358985.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    I have a suggestion for a future update. How about the Crab fleet out of Dutch Harbor AK? Would be kinda cool to see them heading out and back.
    Like this one???

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17110805403816112915358987.jpg  

I recently joined the Type 21 club! - HMS Ambuscade

Henrik kindly gave me permission to use the hull from his Niteroi class frigate and supplied me with the source files. I've built a new superstructure on top to create the Amazon class for the Royal Navy. Early days yet still to animate the radar, create the textures for the other hull numbers, add 'non exocet' variant (Antelope/early Amazon), harden flight deck, night textures etc etc. Once complete i'll pass on to Henrik to add to any future release.

Cheers
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post

Henrik kindly gave me permission to use the hull from his Niteroi class frigate and supplied me with the source files. I've built a new superstructure on top to create the Amazon class for the Royal Navy. Early days yet still to animate the radar, create the textures for the other hull numbers, add 'non exocet' variant (Antelope/early Amazon), harden flight deck, night textures etc etc. Once complete i'll pass on to Henrik to add to any future release.

Cheers
    Gaz
    That looks great!!!!! I look forward to the final version. I will start on the "Sir Galahad" sometime soon when I get tired of doing mega-ships...

I took a leaf out of your book and I'm trying to structure the model in such a way that I can re-use components and textures for a Type 42 Batch 1 - that's a long way off though unless you beat me to it!

Cheers
    Gaz

I took a leaf out of your book and I'm trying to structure the model in such a way that I can re-use components and textures for a Type 42 Batch 1 - that's a long way off though unless you beat me to it!

Cheers
    Gaz
    That "book" is good... It allows for important time savings... if I was doing everything from scratch I would probably still be working on the first package..... I did a 400.000 tons bulkcarrier yesterday - probably half the elements and also half the texture sheet are reuse from´previous models. With navy ships it is obvious to reuse e.g. armament, antennas, people...

Cheers
    Gaz
    Hi Gaz,
    I realized that the class is apparently still active in Pakistan though with a Harpoon missile launcher. If you have a Harpoon launcher from another ship it would be great to have a Pakistani model also - if you don't I can ship you one.
    Br
    Henrik

Hi Gaz,
    I realized that the class is apparently still active in Pakistan though with a Harpoon missile launcher. If you have a Harpoon launcher from another ship it would be great to have a Pakistani model also - if you don't I can ship you one.
    Br
    Henrik
    Hi. Henrik,

Looking at the Tariq class the main differences appear to be some are fitted with harpoon and some are fitted with a chinese LY-60 SAM in place of MM-38 exocet. Phalanx CIWS in place of sea cat, and some minor radar mods. So yes it's doable! I can knock up a Chinese SAM launcher and a phalanx so if you can send me a harpoon launcher I'll make a Tariq class variant once I've finished the type 21's

cheers
    Gaz

Hi. Henrik,

Looking at the Tariq class the main differences appear to be some are fitted with harpoon and some are fitted with a chinese LY-60 SAM in place of MM-38 exocet. Phalanx CIWS in place of sea cat, and some minor radar mods. So yes it's doable! I can knock up a Chinese SAM launcher and a phalanx so if you can send me a harpoon launcher I'll make a Tariq class variant once I've finished the type 21's

cheers
    Gaz
    Great - You will get the Harpoon

Members who have read this thread: 15